Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pulled Pork Dilemma - What Do You Do With All That Meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats it! I can’t take it anymore, I’m going freezer diving for a pack of vac pulled pork!!!!!

Comment

Last thing I did was wrap it in a tortilla with scrambled egg and cheese - nothing else needed, not even seasoning. Warm the pork in the fry pan, push it to the side and scramble the egg(s) in the same pan, throw it in the tortilla, top with cheese, fold it up, wrap it in waxed paper, 30 seconds in the microwave. Delicious Breakfast Burrito!

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        The rest - a whole pile of it, was vac packed and frozen.

I like to mix it with some gochujang BBQ sauce (use the mild gochugang if your family doesn't like the hot stuff) from Steve Raichlen's site. Serve on steamed white Chinese buns. Soooo good.

Steve Raichlen's Korean BBQ Sauce: https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/kb-...arbecue-sauce/

I also make Raichlen's Korean Pulled Pork recipe which is delicious as well: https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/korean-pulled-pork/

I serve with a Vietnamese slaw recipe from the Eating Well site: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/272...-noodle-salad/

Special thanks to jfmorris who turned me on to Raichlen's Korean Pulled Pork recipe. It's always a hit, especially when served with those steamed buns and the Vietnamese slaw on top.

There are plenty of recipes online for making the steamed buns, but I just purchase them frozen from the semi-local Asian market.

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Kathryn if you like gochujang, I've got a recipe for Korean fried chicken that I copied down from an episode of America's Test Kitchen that is EXTREMELY good. I've made some of my wife's favorite ever chicken wings using the recipe. Since the recipe is hidden behind a pay wall at America's Test Kitchen, if interested, let me know and I will post what I wrote down in the recipe section of the forums. I consider it somewhat public domain, since I wrote it down while watching the show on PBS!

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the tip, jfmorris . I am an ATK/CI subscriber, so I'll search for the Korean chicken recipe on their website. If you all like it I'm sure my family will as well.

Kathryn

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Kathryn, I just went to ATK (I subscribe now, didn't when I was watching the show for that recipe), and the recipe is called "Korean Fried Chicken Wings". The toasted sesame oil + gochujang in that sauce are awesome together. The frying method yields a top notch crunchy exterior, which you then toss in the sauce.

We made this Creamy BBQ Pulled Pork Spaghetti a week or so ago and we absolutely crushed it. We used Blues Hog Smokey Mountain as our sauce. It'll be in the regular rotation for pulled pork leftovers for us.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the Blues Hog Smokey Mountain best now, I think, versus their original or competition blend. I still like the Tennessee Red for pulled pork and to toss shredded cabbage in as a vinegar based slaw.

I just bookmarked that spaghetti recipe, as that is a new use of pulled pork for me to try soon!

I agree, it's Blues Hogs' best sauce, that Smokey Mountain. I'm using up the rest of my supply of Original and Tennessee making Championship sauce out of them. But when that's done, I may just buy Smokey Mountain from here on out. Although I do like that Tennessee all by itself on pulled pork. Haven't tried it on slaw. Thanks for that idea, jfmorris .

FishTalesNC , thanks for the recipe link. A BBQ Spaghetti dish might be a bit of a concept for my husband to have to work his head around, but I'm game!

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Kathryn, I used to mix up a NC style vinegar sauce to make slaw with, which I got from my print copy of the Barbecue Bible. I got lazy and started drizzling the Tennessee Red over the chopped up cabbage mix, and tossing to wet. Seems to be a crowd pleaser when server with the pulled pork, and a lot easier since I keep a gallon jug of Tennessee Red in the garage fridge, along side the Smokey Mountain.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here