Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple and Raisin Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple and Raisin Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Finally branched out from my usual ribs, chicken, and steak diet to try smoking a pork tenderloin stuffed with apples and raisins soak in moonshine along with some onion and rubbed with Simon and Garfunkel. Overall was very pleased with the results since this was my first stuffed and smoked tenderloin, but I would not use moonshine again. It really did nothing to enhance or improve the flavor of the final product. I would have used whiskey or rum but I hate wasting good liquor on soaking things when I could drink it. Next time I try this recipe I might sacrifice a little to see if they change the flavor. After doing this I have the itch to do a Jalapeno Popper inspired stuffed tenderloin wrapped in bacon for Superbowl Sunday.

The final product
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_180238.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	628983

Pulled at 140 degrees and placed over the coals for a few minutes to get some nice color around the outside.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_175801.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	628984

Very nice! Been a lot of recipes lately using apples lately which I like I think they are very under utilized in recipes.
    I use liquor and beer quite often in cooking. Soaking pineapple slices in Malibu coconut rum the dousing them in brown sugar and throw on the grill is one of my favorites.

Comment

I was going to use use apricots instead of raisins but changed my mind when I saw the price this store was asking for them.

Originally posted by Frozen Smoke View Post
      Very nice! Been a lot of recipes lately using apples lately which I like I think they are very under utilized in recipes.
      I use liquor and beer quite often in cooking. Soaking pineapple slices in Malibu coconut rum the dousing them in brown sugar and throw on the grill is one of my favorites.

Comment

• THE Humble Texan
        THE Humble Texan commented
        Editing a comment
        Dried apricots are used in fried pies. I wonder if they would do as well reconstituted and used in your pork?

Nice work, pork tenderloins really need the help flavor wise which makes rolling all manner of things into one a perfect complement. I just saw a recipe for basically the same thing only using a peach jam utilizing cooked down fresh peaches. Sweet anything goes well with pork. I usually do mine with aromatics and some form of meat so the fruit concept has peaked my curiosity.. Try a raspberry/chipotle glaze at your final sear next time, adds another dimension of flavor !!

Thanks for the post and great work once again !!!

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here