Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Cook - Half a butt, apples, pineapple, cabbage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Cook - Half a butt, apples, pineapple, cabbage.

Injected and marinated butt on 1/26.
    Coated with mustard and Memphis dust on 1/27.
    0810 - Started at 350. B&B comp. blend.
    0830 - Lowered to 225. Damper full open.
    0850 - Butt on.
    1050 - basted.
    1250 - basted.
    1310 - wrapped butt. Butt temp dropping.
    1400 - raised temp to 250.
    1450 - put sides on grill..
    1550 - pulled the butt.
    1620 - glazed butt back on.
    1645 - pulled everything

Recipes and other comments are in the pictures link.

Injected and marinated butt on 1/26. Coated with mustard and Memphis dust on 1/27. 0810 - Started at 350. B&B comp. blend. 0830 - Lowered to 225. Damper full open. 0850 - Butt on. 1050 - basted. 1250 - basted. 1310 - wrapped butt. Butt temp dropping. 1400 - raised temp to 250. 1450 - put sides on grill.. 1550 - pulled the butt. 1620 - glazed butt back on. 1645 - pulled everything

Attached Files

Yumm!! Those side look as tasty as the pig

Comment

• dsohmer
      dsohmer commented
      Editing a comment
      They turned out really good.

Great job.

Comment

• dsohmer
      dsohmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Wow. Perfect meal. Congratulations. I bet there were some happy folks at that dinner table.

Kathryn

Comment

• dsohmer
      dsohmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Very nice.

Comment

Cool idea on that cabbage, will have to give that a try. Nice cook sir !!!

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        My thoughts also.... great idea that I am going to try also.

• dsohmer
        dsohmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks.

Looks great!

Comment

• dsohmer
        dsohmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Thanks for all the comments.

Question for the board: Do you think it would add anything to the cabbage if I added some sort of broth to cast iron skillet while I was smoking it?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here