Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Tenderloin

I have a 2 1/4 lb pork tenderloin I would like to do on my Weber Q. I can google a zillion recipes but would rather trust the great cooks on here. So any suggestions would be appreciated. Bacon wrapped? A marinade? I am gluten-intolerant so any marinade with soy sauce is out. Thoughts anyone?

I recently did one like that with great success. I used my Simon & Garfunkel rub and lightly smoked it to 135F and that's it. It was spectacular.

Comment

• ontheranch
      ontheranch commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds like something even I can handle. And I always have S&G Rub. A small foil packet of wood chips for a little smoke.....gonna try it!

I usually do mine like MH's but I also do a bacon weave that wraps around the tenderloin. After I wrap the tenderloin in the bacon, I put a dusting of saltless sweet pork rub on the bacon. Cook it to a IT of 140 F, Man does it ever taste good. I cook it on the Lodge griddle in the smoker so the bacon doesn't stick to the grate and pull apart after the cooking is finished. (This is actually two small tenderloins wrapped together.)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2891.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	62704 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2908.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	62707 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2903.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	62706
    Last edited by Spinaker; February 15, 2015, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• carolts
      carolts commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks amazing.

• ontheranch
      ontheranch commented
      Editing a comment
      oh wow!

Originally posted by ontheranch View Post
    I have a 2 1/4 lb pork tenderloin I would like to do on my Weber Q. I can google a zillion recipes but would rather trust the great cooks on here. So any suggestions would be appreciated. Bacon wrapped? A marinade? I am gluten-intolerant so any marinade with soy sauce is out. Thoughts anyone?

I wouldn't normally use soy sauce, but gluten-free soy sauce is pretty easy to find.

Comment

• ontheranch
      ontheranch commented
      Editing a comment
      thx for the tip on gluten-free soy sauce...my little mom and pop store doesn't have but when I get to the city, I will get some. So many marinades call for soy sauce.

I love to use pork tenderloin for broiled carnitas tacos. Served with avocado, lime, cilantro, and a nice cabbage slaw. Killer! If you would like a recipe and procedures, feel free to ask. It's an easy, easy cook.

Comment

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, here goes:

1 pork tenderloin denuded of all silver-skin and sliced ¼" thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside

In a bowl, place the juice and zest of 2 limes, the zest of 1 orange(dried is fine) , 2 Tblsp. chopped garlic, 1 tsp. chipotle powder, ½ tsp cumin, and 2 Tblsp. coarse black pepper. Combine the above with about ½ cup oil(olive, avocado, etc.). When combined, place sliced meat in bowl with the marinade, mix well, and let marinade for about an hour. Longer is fine. When marinated, place folded medallions loosely on skewers(soaked bamboo is fine, so are metal skewers). Cook skewers on a screaming hot grill till barely cooked through. You want the outsides to be crusty. I max out my kamado for this(700 degrees). Once cooked, serve with tortillas, lime, cilantro, etc.

The slaw is real easy too. Shred 4 cups of green cabbage. Napa cabbage, savoy cabbage are also good. You can even just get a "slaw" kit at the store. The dressing is just ranch or Italian dressing with a bit of chipotle powder mixed in. For every cup of dressing, use ¼ tsp. chipotle. Enjoy. Oh, by the way, this recipe also works well with sliced tri-tip steak too!
      Last edited by Strat50; February 16, 2015, 12:38 PM. Reason: Omission

• Ray
      Ray commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Strat...got any pics of the tenderloin from this recipe? Sounds great!

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I don't, unfortunately. I usually cook on the fly and rarely have time for pics.

Hi ontheranch!

The one below came in @ 2.6 lbs. I had cut a full loin in half.

If you have an injector, then try using MH's injection for pork. Rub it down with your favorite rub or 1 of the recipes on this site prior to the cook. You can see that I only rubbed the left half of this one as I was performing a "flavor test". I will rub the entire loin next time.

Make sure you tie if off at about 1+ inch intervals. Helps the meat keep shape for a better cook.

--Ed

Click image for larger version

Name:	BNLS_Pork_Loin_111114.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	62841

Comment

Last time I did a pork loin, I just used Kosher salt and cracked pepper and smoked to an IT of 140. I then sliced it and topped with a Marsala wine/mushroom/baby spinach Bechamel sauce on top of fresh baby spinach (yeah, I like spinach). Next time I'll use bacon to start my sauce, because everything is better with bacon (and Bluetooth )

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, pork loin an salt, pepper and smoke is a beautiful thing. Your sauce sounds great, I love all those things too.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here