Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nutritious pork fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just by coincidence, an email containing this link fell into my box shortly after I read this thread:

Ketogenesis seems to be big topic these days. Ketones (such as acetone) are produced when the body metabolizes fatty acids for energy. For the most part, glucose is the main molecule which ultimately supplies energy to the cell. The cell's main sources of glucose are carbohydrates and, to some extent, proteins. In the deficiency or absence of insulin, in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, most of the cells cannot take up insulin, resorting in breakdown of fats, resulting in diabetic ketoacidosis. People who are on severe starvation diets also mobilize fats as an energy source, resulting in starvation ketoacidosis.

If the objective of eating a ketone generating diet is to lose weight, the Porky Pig Frittata Dinner is probably not the way to go.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Severe starvation diets and ketoacidosis isn’t strictly a factual error so much as a stretch of the truth aimed at dissuading intermittent and extended fasters. You’d have to be pretty metabolically messed up before missing a day of food threw you into ketoacidosis.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Potkettleblack
      I was only trying to explain some basic physiology without taking any position except to state my suspicion that eating the Porky Pig Frittata Dinner might not result in weight loss (unless, of course, eaten in sufficiently small amounts as to result in negative calorie balance). I did not stretch the truth or slam anyone or anything.
      Last edited by gcdmd; January 12, 2019, 04:52 AM.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      While two servings of that seems a bit generous to me, if one were eating in a 16:8, fasting schedule, there is nearly no insulinogenic food in that dish, so would be comparable with ketogenic autophagy if the calories were right. I could do it on a weekend, but maybe more responsibly as a third.

The main thing is to indicate that people with high cholesterol cannot use this.
    I recently noticed that people have stopped noticing some ailments and think that everything will pass by itself. For example, my sister loves sweets very much, but when she overeats them, she becomes very ill. Agree that this is an abnormal reaction of the body. I decided to read about this, and all the symptoms indicated that she had diabetes. We went to the doctor, and my suspicions were confirmed. Now we have found on the Internet How to treat diabetes naturally. It seems that this treatment helps her, but it's too early to talk about the result. So in all articles about food, it is necessary to note in which cases it is impossible to use it.
    Last edited by roseklee; September 23, 2021, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are for real, I apologize in advance, but we get a lot of spammers trying to sneak in by posting on old threads. So, if you are truly interested in what this site has to offer because you like to grill and/or BBQ, welcome and tell us what you are cooking on and what you like to cook.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB well considering the link to the article no longer works....

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Cannot use what?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here