Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Wrapped Spare Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone!!

Comment

mgaretz needs to see how you took his blasphemy ribs and amped them up! Those look great! I guess the bark is on the bacon in this case?

Question: How did you hold the bacon on there? It looks wrapped pretty tight, but I don't see toothpicks or anything else holding it to the rib?

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
        Brisket Syndicate commented
        Editing a comment
        I just wrapped it around the ribs pretty tight. No pins or toothpicks.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        The old fashioned way, with elbow grease, argh, arg, argh. 🕶

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        One thing you can do is where the tail end stops, just tuck it back into the bacon itself. I have pretty good luck that way. I too use store bought thin bacon, usually the Oscar Meyer Center cut stuff.

Cool idea! I bet they were awesome!

Comment

Wow, nicely done!!!

Comment

Just did this last night. Amazing! Thanks Brisket Syndicate One thing to note, you have to stretch out your bacon slices to get 1 piece to entirely cover a rib.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_213952.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	621149

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_215249.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	621150

Comment

Looks great. I want to try.

Comment

Somehow.....I forgot about this one! A must try!

Comment

This is on my to-do list, probably in a week or so. Thanks for posting this, and congrats on having this selected for Hits From The Pit

I just ordered the seasonings including their chili pequin seasoning - I think I'll use that instead of the jalapeno.
              Last edited by 58limited; August 6, 2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

OK, I couldn't wait much longer so I made these last night. Only difference: I didn't order the Smoked Apple Strawberry Habanero BBQ Glaze so I sauced them with Meathead's KC Classic sauce that I made a while back. These are great! Definitely will be making these again and again. I seasoned half of them with the Chili Pequin salt instead of the Jalapeno Dusted, couldn't tell too much difference after cooking even though chili pequins are quite a bit hotter than jalapenos.

Thanks again for posting this recipe!

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2864.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	728139

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2865.JPG Views:	1 Size:	890.1 KB ID:	728137

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2866.JPG Views:	1 Size:	986.6 KB ID:	728138

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
                Editing a comment
                Those look great!!

• Brisket Syndicate
                Editing a comment
                Bill has tons of great rubs. I love the chili pequin! On large cuts of meat, especially wild game, I really like to.use his Rustic Rub.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here