Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Wrapped Spare Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Wrapped Spare Ribs

Bacon wrapped spare ribs seasoned with Texas Select Seasonings Jalapeno Dusted and Juicy Pig then glazed with Texas Select Seasonings Smoked Apple Strawberry Habanero BBQ Glaze. They turned out AWESOME!! Shout out to Wild Bill Powell for the outstanding rubs and glaze, and to Bob Trudnak for the tips on getting this done right!

I trimmed the ribs up to a St. Louis Style cut, then seasoned them with a light coat of Jalapeno Dusted and then a nice coat of Juicy Pig. Wrapped them up in bacon and put them on the offset at 275. They probed tender with a toothpick at around two and a half hours, so I gave them a nice glaze and let them ride for about ten extra minutes. Great bits, and a very tasty treat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49519660_10215642140184797_4457952826617757696_n.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	620128Click image for larger version

Name:	49277755_10215642955605182_7155557094437945344_n.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	620129Click image for larger version

Name:	49522513_10215643341414827_7556185579315003392_n.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	620130Click image for larger version

Name:	49729293_10215643641462328_1258656173435912192_n.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	620131Click image for larger version

Name:	49676539_10215643659742785_642415090439553024_n.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	620132

They look fantastic. I was wondering how you were going to manage over-cooking the bacon before the slabs were done and I see you cut the ribs individually. Cleverly done.

Comment

They look amazing!

Comment

Blasphemy ribs to the nth degree.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          My thoughts exactly, blasphemy wibs, nth!

Holy gehosofat .... thanks fantastic, how utterly decadent can you get

That's another example of why the hell didn't I think of that

Comment

That looks porkalicious. Nicely done. 👊

Comment

Just sent my wife to market for bacon and ribs!!!!!!! Those look UNREAL!!!!!

Comment

• JeffJ
              JeffJ commented
              Editing a comment
              It's torture for me. My wife and I just started our eating regimen again. Something like that will be a rare treat for the time being.

• Murdy
              Murdy commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't suppose you could talk her into the Paleo eating plan?

Dang that looks so good!

Comment

Damn...

Comment

Now THIS is something I could get behind! Awesome idea. I am adding this one to the Must Cook list!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Done those a couple times. Some of my best cooks ever. Thanks for the reminder, gotta do them again!

Comment

Wowsers!!! Must do this one soon. Where can we order rubs and glaze or is that possible.

Comment

• Timbo54
                      Timbo54 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Texas Select Seasonings website. They appear to be on vacation till Jan. 15.

• Brisket Syndicate
                      Brisket Syndicate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      texasselectseasonings.com

I hope you buttered those before you ate them, LOL...... Anyone spot the reference!?

Comment

What type of bacon did you use? Wet cure or dry cure?

Thanks

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
                        Brisket Syndicate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It was just cheap, store bought, thin sliced bacon. I'll be curing a batch of bacon, next week, and will make some thin slices and see how they work. This was a very cheap dinner. The whole thing was $17.00, and fed a family of six, with a few bones left over.

I think we just might have a bit of a consensus here since we have all these D words & wowsers & awesomes. So all I will say is, keep up the good work. 🕶

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here