Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rack of Pork Recipe Neede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack of Pork Recipe Neede

evening all, got a full rack of pork in the freezer, looking for a recipe. Anyone have a bulletproof technique?

Blasphemy ribs have become my go to way to fix ribs:

Blasphemy Ribs Here is a new way to cook ribs that I am calling Blasphemy Ribs. Normally we smoke a whole rack of ribs, low and slow, for 5-6 hours. Then we cut

Comment

These I got are more of a crown roast

Comment

I found this on the main site. It's not something I've cooked. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...rk-crown-roast

Comment

I used the Simon and Garfunkel rub from this site on crown pork and it turned out absolutely amazing. I smoked to desired internal temp, seared on my gasser then rested for a short time under foil. Then sliced and served with roasted potatoes and Brussel sprouts. It was a hit with my family and friends.

I had an extra rack and did the same just standing though, again turned out amazing.

Comment

I have cooked quite a few of these. You can cook these flat or turn them into a crown/standing rib roast. You can also make your own "double thick" cut loin chops which for some reason my Costco no longer sells. I usually cook them flat if I am feeding a crowd. I use my kettle with SnS, 275-300 degrees to IT of 138-142. Memphis Dust. They are really good if you cut them as double thick chops. Same cook as above but I pull them at IT 35 and super sear them. Either way they are so good. Enjoy.

Comment

Two ways you can go, as mentioned you might want to try a crown roast. A little more work but basically you score then tie the roast back on itself. The advantage, beyond the great presentation, is you get more bark on each chop and you have an automatic pocket created in the top for stuffing. Here's a step-by-step I did a while back .....

Was going to do a pork crown roast over the holidays, it's just such a fancy, elegant presentation of what are essentially pork chops. Bought two 8 bone center cut

Click image for larger version

Name:	crown 06.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	611515

Comes out great, but if your just into something a little more straight forward, just low and slow roast the rack and finish it with a nice glaze like raspberry chipotle sauce....

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork roast 02.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	611516

Either way, don't over cook it. Pull it at about 140* IT and have tons of flavor and juiciness. Good luck !!!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                Both are gorgeous

• McEDaddy
                McEDaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Trout man - do you remove the membrane when do crown roasts or does it need to stay in order to keep the thing intact? Thanks

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                I leave the membrane in tact, it helps hold the bones in place, otherwise they tend to pop out on you.

Thank you, "Don Porkleone" ... it’s a recipe I can’t refus

Comment

Okay, I foresee a crown pork roast in my future very soon

Comment

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Craigar I'm thinking on the HB it will be a fun cook. Maybe New Year's Eve

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ecowper We made one on the 22.5" kettle for Thanksgiving and it was fantastic. Just make sure the butcher ties it up correctly for you. A newbie behind the counter had some difficulty and I had to redo it once I got it home. Somehow he had it tied inside out. I wish I would have taken pics.

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Craigar heh, good advice. Local butcher can get me most anything I want, with a bit of notice.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here