Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Rib Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Rib Cook

Cooking a slab on my new Yoder:

StL cut ribs from HEB. Salted and vacuumed packed 12/19. Temp set at 250. BBQ'r Delight Hickory pellets. Warm up was 45 mins. Seems stable. Rubbed ribs with yellow mustard and a mix of Memphis Dust and 'The Finisher' from Pitmaker. Checked the ribs at 10:50. Not quite ready to wrap. Made a mix of apple juice, the rub, liquid butter, honey and brown sugar for the wrap. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yb5xpBxsyp2T9xNz5

Looks like you are off to a good start.

Comment

Every day....is a good day for RIBS!

Comment

I have never used a temp gauge for the ribs but it seems like yours did fine>...

Comment

What number cook is this on that new Yoder? The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to get a Yoder this spring .

Comment

Originally posted by TechSmoker View Post
            What number cook is this on that new Yoder? The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to get a Yoder this spring .
            It's cook number 4.

I made a couple rookie mistakes but the ribs turned out good.

Comment

Originally posted by fracmeister View Post
              I have never used a temp gauge for the ribs but it seems like yours did fine>...
              I know most guys use the 3-2-1 method but I was curious. It didn't add any value to the cook so I probably won't bother with it next time.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                I just cook them straight out - has never failed.

Great looking ribs!

Comment

You know, like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170429_180933.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	611241

Comment

Man, it’s been forever since I made ribs. They are going to the TOP of my "next cook" list!

Comment

Great timing. i am doing 3 slabs of SL's in my PBC tomorrow for my son's homecoming for the holidays. His wife is vegetarian so he has been in smoked meat deprivation for months. Thanks for the inspiration. I cannot wait to make him happy !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here