Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dad came through with the Edwards Wigwam ham!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad came through with the Edwards Wigwam ham!

My father sends us a Smithfield Va country ham every December for Christmas. Unfortunately, Smithfield Foods closed the last smokehouse in VA this past summer. Bummer. He couldn't find anything close from the retailer he has been getting it from for years, so thankfully he did some research. Low and behold he was able to get a very fine country ham from Edwards out of Surry, VA. I was floored to find this on our doorstep when we returned from a trip to see my wife's family from Michigan Tuesday night. I cannot wait to slice and taste this bad boy! He recommended that if I have any off the shank that does not lend well to slicing to grind it and make croquettes. Here are links to the smokehouse closing and to the Edwards website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1218182311a.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	610188

What a find that Edwards company is - I'm salivating over their Surryano quarter ham! Thanks!

But arghh - $50 a lb!
    Last edited by EdF; December 20, 2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF I know right? Love the play on words they did there.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a fine purveyor of well-cured meat. I had a book back in the early 70's that talked about hams from around the world (you know all the famous ones). They dissed "Smithfield" country hams. But they did it as a brand, and said there were other providers in Va who did world-class stuff. I have a feeling Edwards was one them.

• painter
      painter commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll second EdF. I've enjoyed the Spanish and German hams but would love to give this one a whirl!

That is awesome I looked long and hard at getting one of those this Christmas but I didn't pull the trigger. Make sure you give us a good step by step of how prepared it and your review on how you liked it!

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      I absolutely will.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be looking forward to your report as well, Hulagn1971 !

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here