Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Sunday

Pork butt on the pit barrel today for football. 8lb butt dry brined for 24 hours then brushed with dijon and rubbed with with basic butt rub i make myself with Simon and Garfunkel added. Been in the Pit Barrel for about three hours at a steady 250 degrees. Injected with a ginger ale, chicken broth, roasted garlic mixture and hung 2 chicken halves rubbed with S&G for next week.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Iron Bulldog; December 16, 2018, 12:58 PM.

Sounds like the right plan.

Comment

Rock On, Kansas!

Sounds dang dang tasty!

I got one (butt) goin on, here in a spell...

Plus some BBRs, an JCBs...

Might be more in th fridge that'll git fired up, as well...

Comment

• Iron Bulldog
        Iron Bulldog commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank ya Bones. Not many of us out here in Flyover country but we eat good!

• dahcopilot
        dahcopilot commented
        Editing a comment
        you've inspired me to read how to post pic's, and made me hungry

Chicken done! 2.5 hour at 250. IT was 160 at the breast.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Bulldog View Post
        Pork butt on the pit barrel today for football. 8lb butt dry brined for 24 hours then brushed with dijon and rubbed with with basic butt rub i make myself with Simon and Garfunkel added. Been in the Pit Barrel for about three hours at a steady 250 degrees. Injected with a ginger ale, chicken broth, roasted garlic mixture and hung 2 chicken halves rubbed with S&G for next week.
        Chicken is done!

Comment

• Iron Bulldog
          Iron Bulldog commented
          Editing a comment
          can anyone tell im not really good with computers?

Looks and sounds delicious. We doneat well in Hays!

Comment

• Iron Bulldog
          Iron Bulldog commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow a charter in Hays and I thought i owned the place!

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I’ve been around a bit. Made enchiladas tonight and cooked on smoker. Was delicious.

Well done.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here