Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon

Just need to request some clarification on the Bacon instructions.

Do I put the cured pork belly in a pan and then into the smoker? Or do I just put the pork belly directly on the smoker wrack?

I use a vertical water smoker should I smoke the Bacon without any water in the water pan or with water?

Thanks!

Welcome to The Pit Mike! When you have a moment check out the Welcome and Tips threads here. They'll help you with filling out your signature. Again, welcome!

When asking a question about a recipe it's always good to link to that article so folks don't have to hunt for it.

To answer your question, just throw it on the grill. You don't want to put it in a pan, but you can put a pan under it to catch drippings if you like.

Comment

I put mine directly on the grill with a water pan below, and it comes out great. Though I feel like that cut of meat will come out delicious no matter what. I follow MH's recipe, and add some rosemary to it.

Comment

I too put it directly on the grill.So far they have come out great. I have experimented with different cures and that seem to make the biggest difference.

Comment

Directly on the grill as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here