Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porkies!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porkies!!!

So, once again, it is baking season! and one of the things I LOVE about baking season is making meat pies.

a few days ago, we sous vide cooked a couple of pork chops but, my tummy was being mean so we never ate them. they went into the fridge for another night. Well, that automatically makes them Meat Pie filling.

So, cut them up, added some of our smoked ham and some fresh pork. and to that, I added small diced apples and some of the syrup we had from the Pickled Apples we made earlier in the season. it was fantastic. that mixture went in to fill the pies and, as a side, I made a Cranberry/walnut Pesto. I think the next time I make the pesto, I may add some feta to it, as well. all together, with pop overs on the side, it made a great meal.

The Y has a co-worker on his office days who loves it when I send in food. so, I sent in lunch for the two of them. He was very happy with his surprise picnic lunch. I don't think he has ever had Meat pies before. last Sunday we did slow coker pot roast. so, today, I am putting the meat, veg and juices from that into more meat pies. a couple for dinner tonight and two more for the Y and myself to go in the Freezer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0616.JPG Views:	1 Size:	856.2 KB ID:	582789Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0603.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	582790Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0601.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	582787Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0613.JPG Views:	1 Size:	891.0 KB ID:	582788
    Last edited by Karon Adams; October 23, 2018, 04:52 PM.

Hmmmmm. Yummy!!

Comment

Sounds great, and the last pic is super.

Comment

Yum! Yum! Yum!

Comment

Looks really good!

Comment

Karon, have you ever seen the River Cottage Meat Book, by Hugh Fearnely-Whittingstall? Aside from being on the same level as Meathead's book (with a special emphasis on meat knowledge), he's got a lot of great Brit recipes, many involving (or adaptable to) Q. A buddy of mine who owns a Q place in SLC and is into salumi recommended it. And it's been great!

Meat pies are certainly in the mix. Along with "Donny Brasco" pork shoulder roast, and home-smoked hams, and ...

Comment

• Karon Adams
              Karon Adams commented
              Editing a comment
              no, but I will take a look for it! Sounds like I might be able to get a lot out of it.

• PhilM
              PhilM commented
              Editing a comment
              Fantastic book. Sits next to Meathead on my shelf.

Great to see you posting recipes again!

This looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here