Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as a holiday pork belly burnt ends recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there such a thing as a holiday pork belly burnt ends recipe?

I've been thinking about what to cook as my contribution to the Thanksgiving pot luck that my office has every year. We have a staff that come from a lot of different countries, so it isn't expected to just be turkey or ham... I'm certain that PBBE will be unexpected, since here in Central Texas burnt ends are immediately associated with cow.

What are yall's recipe ideas for a Thanksgiving style version of pork belly burnt ends?

Just make them regular style... :-) Click image for larger version

Name:	46F81EAD-AE78-4D6E-A645-C433918FC602.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	567586

Comment

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh. And add some turkey decorated toothpicks or something.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that's what I was thinking too - because I can't think of any way to make them more festive than the basic thing! Which will certainly work. They'll be gobbled down before the gobbler!

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do have a bandana for my dog that has turkeys on it. He wears that on Thanksgiving. Do burnt ends just normal, but think outside the box and have visual aids.

Its Pork Belly they better be thankful you made em
    So the Thanksgiving card is covered

Comment

Perhaps you could add more herbs to the rub?

Comment

I'd consider sprinkling in some candied pecans. Don't distract from the fact that what you are brining tastes better than anything else there.

Comment

Serve them inside a wreath!

Comment

Maybe use an apricot glaze, or dare I say throw some pumpkin spice in the sauce mix somewhere

Comment

Put em inside a pumpkin

Comment

I made some pork belly bacon burnt ends for the bbq class monday. They were gone in a flash!
                Here's my recipe I am going to try next.

1./ Make a double or triple batch of Meatheads bacon and I add more black pepper, chopped jalapeño, honey and soy sauce.
                2./ After 4 days in the fridge wash and cut into burnt ends
                3./ Coat with meatheads memphis dust and smoke at 225-250f until they turn a nice color
                4./ Put into a foil pan, cover with lots of honey, peach jam, more chopped jalapeño and fruit or apple juice then cook until tender.
                5./ When done pull from the pit and let cool a bit, then crush 1/2 a bag of nacho chips and roll them in that just before serving.

Comment

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never really thought about the crunch vector. Are you making those from scratch? If so, how?

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JG037 The nacho chips?? Nope I just buy a bag of them. Too busy to make them from scratch.

• BriggsBBQ
                  BriggsBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am cooking in an Eggfest in about a month. I was planning on doing something similar. I was thinking of 3 ways, adobo, tomatillo salsa, and the maple w/ Jalapeno.

Keep the ideas coming! The typical crowd for the pot luck is about 40 people... There's always someone bringing a fried turkey, and funny enough usually someone does pork ribs. (I definitely need to get better at making pork ribs before bringing them in for this crowd)

There are a fair number of different recipes for PBBE that I've seen, Ahumadora what you listed sounds great!

Comment

How do I get invited?? Man those would be good. May have to do that for our Christmas potluck at work.

Comment

Coat it with crushed candy cane? lol

Comment

• AmosMoses01
                      AmosMoses01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL! Since it is Thanksgiving the earlier pumpkin spice suggestion might be closer to the mark. Presentation could maybe incorporate that - pumpkin spiced candied pecan halves, the kind that are baked with brown sugar and cayenne to make them kick.

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How about you stuff your turkey with burnt ends?

• AmosMoses01
                      AmosMoses01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OMG, that sounds like an awesome idea! Kind of like a meat version of Reese's cups! Two GREAT tastes taste great together! 👍

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here