Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoking butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoking butts

I know how long to cook a butt, but how long do I actually smoke it??

Smoke it the whole time if you can. What you cookin' on?

Comment

• grampy1939
      grampy1939 commented
      Editing a comment
      Weber Kettle with a smokenator 1000 insert

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. More info needed.

Comment

Yeah, we need more info about your setup. I’m a stick burner, and my butts get smoke the whole time (usually 14-16 hours). I wrap if it gets enough smoke and color. ...gotta make sure it looks like a meteorite!

Comment

• grampy1939
        grampy1939 commented
        Editing a comment
        Weber kettle with a Smokenator 1000 insert. Smoke the whole time seems to be the consensus. Thanks!

• Santamarina
        Santamarina commented
        Editing a comment
        With a kettle you’re peoba my using charcoal and wood chunks (don’t use chips, they’ll burn too fast). Let that wood burn with flame for the best smoke. It’ll add more heat, so adjust the amount of charcoal to hit your target temp.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here