Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throw down with Local BBQ Joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw down with Local BBQ Joint

Hey Everyone!
    I have been posting my bbq pictures of ribs , steaks. Pork Chops, etc that I've made on Facebook. i was contacted by the local BBQ Joint in town where they asked me to come and work for them. Before they hire me, they want to have a Throw Down with me making Pulled Pork and Brisket. What recipes would you suggest for pulled pork and brisket to win the Throw Down!

Thanks!
    David

Awesome and Congrats!!!!

Comment

Congratulations! If you don’t have a favorite rub, I would suggest following Meathead’s rub, what is typical to your region or go with typical Texas brisket rubs and maybe a pork rub from somewhere in the southeast.

Comment

Thank you- I thought about using meathead's rub. I will be using my 22 inch weber with the slow n sear

Comment

Throw in an appetizer or side just for effect.

Comment

ABT’s (Atomic Buffalo Turds) jalapeños stuffed with cheese, wrapped in sausage, wrapped in bacon, brown sugar on bacon, glazed with maple syrup before serving.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            And we have a winner!

Awesome. You guys are the best

Comment

Originally posted by Keiferr View Post
            ABT’s (Atomic Buffalo Turds) jalapeños stuffed with cheese, wrapped in sausage, wrapped in bacon, brown sugar on bacon, glazed with maple syrup before serving.
            Great idea

Comment

If I was asked likewise, I'd cook em like ya already cook em...
              See what they had to say...
              Be true to yerself, an mebbe some $ might come of it...

If not, see line # 3...

Best of luck, amigo!

Comment

• ckreef
                ckreef commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree cook it the way you always do. That will be the best road to success. Change up rubs/temps/and what not and you never know what you'll end up with.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks ckreef
                If it ain't broke, don't scurry round in a blind panic, tryin to fix it, epecial in search of no dang ol dollar bills...
                JMO

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                if you change something, you might not beable to shoot, move, and communicate.

Thanks you guys. I will do it My Way.

Comment

Make them a burger.

Comment

Congratulation and good luck! I tend to agree with Mr. Bones, stay true and do 'you'. Cheers!

Comment

If you do a butt, inject it. before cooking. lots of rub.

Comment

Comment

• texastweeter
                        texastweeter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        best batman ever!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here