Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bone in pork loin, looking for input, update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone in pork loin, looking for input, update

A few days ago I posted that I was given 30# of smoked bone in pork loin and was looking for input on what to do with them. I appreciate all the input offered. Once they were thawed and I could get a good look at them i found that they were completely smoked. All I needed to do was warm them for serving. Since I don't have a bandsaw and using my dedicated handsaw to cut the backbone would be more than i wanted to do, I cut/butchered/filleted the meat off the bones (butchered since I used a chef knife. Have added a boning knife to my 'I'm not really that hard to buy for' list and submitted it to my 'you're impossible to buy for' internet shopping savvy purchasing agent/wife). I then sliced it about 1" thick. To warm it I put it in 2 aluminum warming pans, added Apple juice, brown sugar , and sliced golden delicious apples, covered tightly with foil and put in the oven at 300* for a couple hours. Of the approximately 35 people I served, 5 asked how I did it. It was great. It was warm, tender, moist, and tasty. It's sorta like braising without the initial searing. Forgot to take pictures, sorry.

COINCIDENCE? Maybe... but that's hard to believe.

I just picked up a rack a few hours ago and can't wait to smoke it from scratch. I told the butcher it was going to look better than their picture. I got ~ $ 10.00 so I have ~ 9 lbs. (yeah I KNOW not exact math).. I'm going to SnS it on a Weber 22, wrap it if it hits a stall, and faux cambro for ~ 3 hours to get the juice up. I'm going to add the AJ and sugar for the wrap, after reading this.

Goose bumps, I tell yah...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bone-in Pork Loin.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	566022

Comment

Yum yum! Mine was commercially smoked so I am confident yours will be exceptionally better!

Comment

Congrats on a successful "cook".

Comment

Sounds great - already smoked. Just warm and eat!

Comment

I steak them out, vac seal and make HUGE chops outta the ones i buy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Texas Tweeter , how do you get thru the bone when steaking them? Thanks

Comment

Sounds delicious

Comment

Originally posted by McEDaddy View Post
                  Texas Tweeter , how do you get thru the bone when steaking them? Thanks
                  I've used a hacksaw in the past. Just get some new blades and swap them out when you need to cut the meat.

Comment

• Keiferr
                    Keiferr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a small hand saw specifically for bones but it was taking too long. Thanks for the idea though!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here