Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enjoy your bacon - without guilt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy your bacon - without guilt!

Good article on the relationship between dietary saturated fats, serum cholesterol and risk of heart disease. https://wholehealthsource.blogspot.c...-increase.html

Well ALL RIGHT....now I can have my bacon burger.....

...go ahead and take that much enjoyed bacon bath......

...and of course don that new bacon suit I've been waiting to wear !! Thanks EdF for that report

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow EdF , there sure are a lot of layers to the onion of that comment of yours. I'm getting dizzy.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow EdF , there sure are a lot of layers to the onion of that comment of yours. I'm getting dizzy.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      JGo37 LOL!

Crazy...

Comment

i enjoy everything without guilt, i know several people who enjoyed nothing and are gone already. cheers!

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck I know a few people who enjoyed things and were found guilty. 😎

• dahcopilot
        dahcopilot commented
        Editing a comment
        haha!!!!

I feel sorry for all those health nuts laying in the hospital dyin' of nothin'...

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you know "life is hazardous to your health" - and all that!

When celebrities need to get in shape for a movie they turn to Vinnie Tortorich...he tells them to cut all carbs & sugar. I have been on his NSNG diet "no sugar, no grains" for a few months and fat is melting away. I eat meat, veggies & low glycemic fruit (mainly avacado, olives, berries.) Oh..and whiskey is approved (but not totally recommended).

I eat plenty of bacon & smoked meat and it's all approved. I thank the original "Man Show" and "Loveline" guys Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew who both follow and recommend his diet.

I do cheat and have ice cream occasionally but it only seems to slow down the weight loss a bit.

When I listen to some of the top doctors that Tortorich has interviewed it blows my mind about how mis-informed the public really is.

Comment

Here's a Vinnie Tortorich question: if your plane crashed and you ended up on a deserted island and you only had one food available to you - what would you want it to be?

Correct answer: STEAK!

In the 1800's consumers took in 2lbs of sugar per year...now over 150 pounds on average!
        Last edited by Larry Grover; September 12, 2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know. I would have a hard time deciding between steak, bacon or mac and cheese.

Originally posted by Larry Grover View Post
        Here's a Vinnie Tortorich question: if your plane crashed and you ended up on a deserted island and you only had one food available to you - what would you want it to be?

Correct answer: STEAK!

In the 1800's consumers took in 2lbs of sugar per year...now over 150 pounds on average!
        Totally changing the subject, but Larry that made me remember a debate a bunch of engineers I worked with when I first got out of school would have, "Here is the scenario: God comes to you and says, I am going to name three animals. You can choose one of them to stay on Earth, the other two are going to be removed forever. Cow, pig or chicken. Which do you keep?"

We would debate for hours!

Comment

• Larry Grover
          Larry Grover commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny, because I was involved in a similar debate recently...someone is making a taco run at a Mexican restaurant. Do you order the steak, pork or chicken? I think my power rankings would be pork, steak then chicken.

• AmosMoses01
          AmosMoses01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely agree about that order! The debate would usually cover the fact that goats can replace the dairy capabilities of the cow, and all birds produce eggs so the chicken is replaceable, there's no substitute for bacon, or pork ribs, or pork chops, pulled pork, etc. At least that was my position! 😁

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          HouseHomey hit the nail on the head. Engineers can debate anything for hours, days, years...

Ed - based on my diet I should have terrible cholesterol results. Based on my wife's diet, she should have great results. Nope. Just the opposite. She has to be very careful about hers and I don't have to worry, at all. The doctor says that it is genetics. If your genes predispose you to issues with cholesterol you have to be careful with the diet. Thank goodness I got my mom's genes in this one.

Comment

Idk, I eat what I want, usually meat, big belly but healthy!

Comment

I am just glad that I am Irish (true), Inuit, American Indian, walrus, and polar bear. I also know that the secret to a long life is to never, ever, get diagnosed.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I too am part walrus. Maybe we're related on down the line.

JGo37, EdF, gcdmd, ETAL‼️ I Was Supposed To Have A Trple A Lower Aortic Repair Done Back In Aprill❗️ But Modern Medical Practices Requires The Services Of A 2nd "PRACTIONER" To Be Consulted❓❗️❓ NeedlessTo Say, A Strange Murmur, Swish Or Swash Led To A Whole Battery Of "TESTS", Medicinal Changes, ETC And ...And❓❗️❓ To Make A Long Story Shorter❗️ All I Ever Asked For Was A Real Dr. Who Could "DO MEDICINE" Rather Than Practice❓❗️❓ I Feel Like This "ESTEAMED INDUSTRY" Has Hauled Me To South America And Threw Me Into A Pyranna Infested River And Let All The BAS-----S Take A Hunk Of Me❓❗️❓ Now The "GOOD NEWS" Surgery Is Scheduled For Thursday 20 Septembe‼️ I Hope A "REAL" Doc Is Available‼️❓‼️
            From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan
            Last edited by Danjohnston949; September 15, 2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Cuz, all my very most fervent hopes, best wishes, an prayers go out to ya...

I sincerely have my doubts as to whether there's a doc alive that can kill ya, unless they downright set out to deliberately do so...in that case, might still be a draw!

• Larry Grover
              Larry Grover commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope all goes smooth buddy! Not a fun thing to go through...will be praying for you my friend.

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Prayers out for you, brother

I’m with Mr. Bones, ain’t no doc gunna kill us ol’ chap!
            Last edited by Mudbeaver; September 15, 2018, 09:15 PM. Reason: @

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mudbeaver, I'm Not Worried About The Doc Killing Me‼️❓‼️ I
              Do Have To Admit This "GROIN BUSINESS", Make Me Slightly Nervous❓❗️❓ I Don't Want To Have To Sing Soprano In The "PIT"❗️❓❗️ From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here