Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions to reheat pork ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have have two ways to reheat. Both start with taking the ribs out of the fridge and letting them come to room temperature (about 15 minutes or so):
    1) put them in a cold oven and turn it on to 275 (wrapped.) The slower rise in temps keeps them from drying out as much and from getting tough/stringy. I just pull them out when they feel ready - once all the meat and fat has relaxed and doesn't feel tight. Chomp.

2) shred the meat off the bone, drop the bones into 2 1/2 cups of water in a pot, and boil for 4 or 5 minutes. Add your favorite ramen noodles and flavoring (I usually just use half a packet, then add a couple dashes of soy sauce, a little rice vinegar, and a small dollop of gochujjang or miso.) Boil for another 2 minutes, add the rib meat, kimchi, and freeze dried corn and boil for another minute. At the end, add a few drops of sesame oil. Fish out the rib bones. Slurp.

Comment

• radshop
      radshop commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm gettin' hungry here!

• Buck Flicks
      Buck Flicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, I buy imported ramen at the Korean grocery store, rather than the typical Top Ramen or Maruchan you see at the grocery store. They're a little more expensive, but they have better noodles and the seasoning tastes better. Also, they usually come with a little packet of dehydrated veggies that adds a nice touch.

• IrondeQuer
      IrondeQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      #1 is right on the money! I had about three racks left over from a previous cook. I put them in a pan covered with foil and into the cold oven. They turned out great! Well, relatively...

I like the cold also. I’ll also cut them off of the bone, freeze, and use in baked beans.

Comment

• Buck Flicks
      Buck Flicks commented
      Editing a comment
      I like them cold as well. Sometimes, I get out 2 extras when I'm making ramen and just eat them while the broth boils.

• Sweaty Paul
      Sweaty Paul commented
      Editing a comment
      Buck Flicks - that’s a Ramen upgrade. Like where your head is at!

I would par-freeze them, vacuum pack, freeze, and then just take out and place in boiling water (inside vac pack bag). Keeps all of the wonderful juice and flavor. i take vac packed ribs to work and just put a vent hole and then microwave - drives people in the lunchroom crazy with wonderful smoked aroma.

Comment

I put them in the sous vide at 125°F for 1 hour if they're frozen or 45 minutes out of the fridge, pat them dry, sprinkle a little rub and brown sugar on them or BBQ sauce, and then put them on my pellet grill at 325°F long enough to caramelize the sugar/sauce.

BTW. I don't sauce the ribs I intend to reheat. I usually eat leftover sauced ribs at room temp or debone and use them in something. One thing I use rib meat for every once in a while (that I didn't see mentioned here) is fried rice. Credit my wife for that one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here