Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kweemate wibs-awmost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kweemate wibs-awmost!

I chose to put this under Recipes, Techniques etc. under pork, as in wibs, St. Louis style. Although it should be under the burn baby burn category. In the master cooker that I am, I weally thought I was something when I put my wack of wibs on my 22 W/SnS. Ooohh ya, I was weady. I even used my single match routine(it took two cuz I was trying to take a picture). Set my kettle, set my Chef’s Alarm, bein that I didn’t need a probe n’ stuff. And took my dog for a long walk, about 2 hrs. Came back,& took a look at the temp & it was weadin 170, hmmm I thought so I cranked it open a little more & took a peak & thought they are lookin weally good at 2 to 2 1/2 hrs (eyebrow raise).
    Went & did some stuff & came back to the kettle & it was at 185. Checked the Wibs & they told me to git my thermapen. It wead 200! Hoewee moewee! I rechecked the Chef’s Alarm and saw a C next to the temp. Fine and dandy, that’s another fine mess I got Click image for larger version

Name:	C0AB1E6D-03E7-4474-97DF-57DED66FB454.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	550951Click image for larger version

Name:	0F3677E0-1603-49A9-8154-DAA6BF98A763.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	550949Click image for larger version

Name:	932560E9-DE50-4039-A97F-4920BD91958F.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	550948Click image for larger version

Name:	DA6AEADE-DF9D-466C-9873-C9748AB390D7.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	550950 myself into. There were also a couple of potatoes that my wife slipped in right over the coals about 15 min before I came home that she didn’t tell me about.
    Danjohnston949 you are not the only backyard crematorist. The wibs were edible, just a tad dry. I had a mouthful when my wife took a bite and said "wow, it sure has a nice bark". I came weally close to laughing my food out. So, for techniques, I did a wack of St L wibs in 3 hrs. Won’t try it again. It was OK & it sure had a nice bark.

Lmao!!

Comment

Funny, tonight I'm attempting a rack of St. Louis at 300+. I'm hoping only 3 hours. Need to take meds and get to bed.

You know they done when they are "beyond done dry."

That bark REALLY looks good to me.

Comment

Wibs gone wild

Comment

Extra Crunchy Q!

Comment

Lol! At least yer not th only one who's done this, Brother!
            Sounds like it was time fer Mr. Bones' Famous Pork Rib Chili, heehee!!!
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 19, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Sometimes you just gotta bust out.....

Comment

That's one cwazy tale, FireMan . Sounds like Centigwade got you. Thanks for the grins.

Love your wife's comment--she sounds like an optimistic person.

Kathryn

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think my wife was being sincere. Regardless, we had a fun dinner. You should have seen the potatoes. The skins were a 1/4 inch thick.

Wife weally sounds like a "keeper", you on the other hand, weally need to wead up on "C"

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  O-tay.

Great story. That C can sure mess you up for cooking, even for a Canadian. I still go with F temps for cooking.

Comment

Did you get your recipe from Huskee Nice bark, Bwahahaha.

yup, been there done that, but there were no witnesses or photos so i guess it really didnt happen.

Comment

LOL, What up, will be waitin to Wead about the next Wamazing wib adventure. wifie such a keeper. So after eatin those wibs cooked with C there is no need for tooth pick. New trend!

Comment

FireMan, You Can File That Post Under, "SOME TIMES SW-T JUST HAPPENS"❓❗️❓ Dan

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        L o l ! 👍

My wife has pointed out many times that my cooking prowess is inversely proportional to my beer guzzling. I always start off as a Master Cook, with the best of intentions...

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don’t drink alcohol. So, what’s my excuse.

• smokenoob
                        smokenoob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If your wife understands inversely proportional, she's a KEEPER! and, btw, she is right!

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What’s inversely proportional? Is that like upside down?

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here