Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Skin

I am preparing to BBQ 2 slabs of ribs. On the first slab, I inserted a knife under the skin and grabbed a decent piece of silver skin and easily pulled it away in one large piece. On the second slab, I fiddled around trying to get the silver skin off for 10 minutes or so and gave up due to frustration. The question is: what is the next best thing to do if you can't, or don't want to, remove the silver skin? Thank you.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 5, 2018, 12:51 PM. Reason: Siver to silver

Make a bunch of cross-cuts from one end to the other. Not as good as removing it, but better than leaving it intact.

Comment

Sometimes, in my experience, an as many others have also stated, th silver skin has already been removed, leavin some uber-thin membrane that jus won't come off...

Next Best thing I would do, solely based upon my experiences, is rub em up, an cook em up, make some delicious ribs.

Enjoy yer rib cook, please give us some pics, amigo!

It's 97° / windy, here, (LFK) an I'm gonna do some back ribs, here directly...

Have a great, peaceful, enjoyable Sunday afternoon!

Comment

• bradjo222
      bradjo222 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you much. It's in the 90's here in Kansas and also windy. I am experimenting with 4 different Memphis style rubs.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. I'm here in Kansas, right along with ya! LFK/KLWC/Larryville/River City

bradjo222

Thanks for the tips! I did indeed use a paper towel to help grip the skin. That second rib I couldn't seem to get a good "starter piece".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here