Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's better than one butt? That's right, TWO BUTTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's better than one butt? That's right, TWO BUTTS!

Twins or seeing double. Sometimes it's a good thing. Like last night one of my twin nieces got married. So for everyone who came in town and hasn't had enough family time or food and isn't getting the heck outta Dodge today, I'm throwing a shindig. 2 7.5 lb butts, sausage and smoked bologna!
    It's 6 on Saturday morning, so if I'm up, it must be because I am smoking something (on the smoker). I trimmed them and put some kosher salt and a light dusting of MMD on them Thursday night. Then looked beautiful this morning. Can't wait for 6 tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_061313.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	542771Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_061305.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	542772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_061310.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	542773Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_061308.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	542774

Looking good, can't wait to see progress on those two butts!

Comment

Looking good. The family is going to have a treat tonight. And congratulations to your niece.

Comment

• droopie69
        droopie69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! It was a nice wedding...other than outside in August in Memphis, but luckily it was ONLY about 90.

I agree - lookin' good.

Comment

Mmmmm... Butt...

Comment

Nice feast.

Comment

How did these turn out?

Comment

I like big butts and I cannot lie !!!

Comment

Sorry for the lack of pics. The crowd was hungry and chaos ensued! They turned out awesome. I am becoming a fan of wrapping. I wrapped them at 170 about 5.5 hrs in. It only took a total of 7.5 hrs to get to 210. I put them in the cooler in a blanket and let them rest for about 4 hours. They came out still about 185. It was so moist and tender. I threw them back on the fire side of the SNS for a quick shot on the bark. My wife said best ever! I took some to a co worker and she said her daughter doesn't normally like pulled pork, but said it was good! So I guess the 7 year old is the hardest critic to please!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here