Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second go at Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argoboy
    replied
    Yes it is fresh pork belly and it turned out pretty good, I took a picture and it tasted like bacon. The plate on the right is after I over cooked it. I will try this again with more planning/preparation and I intend to look at Meatheads bacon recipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2928BE51-6460-4BE7-96BD-A7D42F2A338E.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	542170

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure what "side pork" is in Canadian parlance. But if it's belly, I think you'll enjoy it!

• Argoboy
    replied
    Our local market has fresh sliced side pork and I bought a couple of packages today and I am smoking it now on my Traeger on the smoke setting which should be around 160F. I gave it a quick salting with season salt and I am wondering how it will turn out? I wonder if anyone has tried this before?

Leave a comment:

• Xandera_7
    commented on 's reply
    No. You have to remove it. It gets too tough.

• Omega-Man
    replied
    If it does have the skin on, do you cook it with it on?

Leave a comment:

• Xandera_7
    commented on 's reply
    I am one of those rare people that doesn't care for pork rinds...

• lemayp
    replied
    Looks great. If you get belly with skin, you have a excuse for making pork rinds too. Not that I need an excuse anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Xandera_7
    commented on 's reply
    I would deliver but it is a bit far to travel... Lol

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Only thing missing is its not in my kitchen! Nice!

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• Xandera_7
    started a topic Second go at Bacon

Second go at Bacon

Hey all!
    After the success on the first batch of bacon, I just had to do it again. This is my second batch following Meathead's Simple Bacon recipe. As per the advice of so many of you, I did not omit the black pepper this time. I cured it for five days this time instead of three and I think there is a noticeable difference, for the better.
    Store bought bacon is a thing of the past... I will NEVER go back.
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here