Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Butt and Beef Chuckie dual cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Butt and Beef Chuckie dual cook

Im thinking about cooking a pork butt or two and a chuckie or two at the same time for a party we are having in a month.

I'm planning on cooking them both in my 24" Smoke Vault.

If I find cuts of meat that have similar thicknesses should they take about the same amount of time to cook?

Thanks for any input.

I just finished cooking some different meats under a similar scenario and my approach was to not worry about which would get done sooner, each piece got a probe and were dealt with individually. Said different they are done when they are done !!

To address your situation I would say the chuck would get done first. Regardless of your trying to get even thicknesses, pork butts are probably going to be thicker. If one gets done quicker, just cambro and hold while others finish. Good luck !!

Comment

If one gets done first, and it probably will, leave a thermometer in it while it's in your cambro. If it looks like it might go below 140*, put it in your oven set at the lowest temp. You should be fine.

Comment

I just did this, cave man style (no probes).

I added the beef (top) ~ 2 hours after the pork and they were done at the same time. I am thinking you can load your Vault the same way?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke It.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	540951 I

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you cook those on St. Patty's Day ??

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like late June.

St. Paddy's day only get's one menu from me, every year. Corned beef low & slow overnight with scrambled eggs & cheese for breakfast, Knocky Coddle and Colcannon set aside for the rest of the day. Pint after Pint, thank you. I am Irish, and I ain't apologizin'.

so yeah, what is that. Coddle takes the place of the beef, in cast iron, in the smoker. West-side.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          East & West Ireland is kind'a like Creole and Cajun. Different. More fire and peat in the bogs of the West Knocky.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here