Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head to head, Memphis dust against magic dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head to head, Memphis dust against magic dust.

Was reading a post the other day about mike mills magic dust. I love how ribs come out with mmd. I am always looking for some thing to step up the game so today i am making 4 baby back ribs two to the back with magic dust front one with memphis dust and the 2nd one with both. Dry brined for hr with salt added rub then to smoker. (I did not add the salt that was called for in the magic dust recipe) wish me luck will keep you posted as to the outcome. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_115552.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	535954Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_115428.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	535953

Luck wished. Ribs are always good. Never tried mike mills so im interested in the outcome

Comment

I love experiments!

Obviously, I love Meathead and his wonderful Memphis Dust!

Last year, I went to the Business of Barbecue class at 17th St and met Mike and Amy Mills. Outstanding people and a great school and time!!!

Can't with to hear about the tastes from these two great rubs on the same cook!

Comment

They have different profiles imho and it depends on what you prefer... anxious to hear the results.

Comment

Magic is better on pork loin IMO, and Memphis is better on ribs and butt.

Comment

And the winner is.................

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, we should be getting close here!

I'm waiting...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_161148.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	536154Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_161946.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	536155i did three types memphis,magic and both. The two individual were very close the over all winner was the ribs with both on them. I did like the magic dust as did the rest of the family. But i think we are all spoiled by the memphis dust.

Comment

Wouldn’t ya know it, he went and ate the evidence.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Must be rigged!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here