Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Prime Rib of Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Prime Rib of Pork

Things were crazy busy so not many pics. Son in law and daughter were over with the new grandson so I made prime rib of pork with apple whiskey marinated grilled pineapple rings bacon ranch and cheesy taters and a corn salad. Couple pics of the pork but not much else.

I brined the pork overnight. Thought it would need the extra moisture because I wanted to smoke it whole and then slice. figured it would get done unevenly and I was right. I was shooting for 135 in the center before pulling and resting but I had to pull a little early because the rest of it was probing higher. Lots of spritzing and turning but it turned out great the extra baby sitting was worth it. I would do it the same way again.

After taking it out of the brine it got rubbed with Oak Ridge beef and pork competition rub and put in the fridge for about 4 hours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pork rubbed.jpg Views:	1 Size:	356.2 KB ID:	535860

Soaked the pineapple rings in Applejack whiskey and then grilled them on a grill pan.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pineapple rings.jpg Views:	1 Size:	218.3 KB ID:	535861

Wish i had more pics of the tater's and corn salad both were delish and a nice tag along to the pork but I did get a finished pic of the pork and pineapple with a drizzle of Swine Apple glaze.

Click image for larger version  Name:	prime pork.jpg Views:	1 Size:	337.9 KB ID:	535862

Wow, that’s a great looking cut. Love the pineapple pairing, anything sweet with pork excites my taste buds!!! Excellent work !!!

Comment

Thank you Troutman the pineapple was a big hit and i love grilled pineapple. Soaking it in the apple whiskey was kind of ad lib on the go after thought but it worked out great! Even got a little flambe action when they hit the hot griddle top. The pork was a SRF prime Kurubota roast. it was just a gorgeous cut of pork to start with even I couldn't screw that up!!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Too bad the old camera didn't capture the flambe, that would have been a killer pic !!!

Nice job

Comment

That’s a darn fine looking piece o’ pork! Now I’m hungry

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here