Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Cushion Meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Cushion Meat

I was in Winco yesterday and came across some Pork Cushion Meat. Nice looking roast about 5-6 pounds each. If I recall correctly, reasonably priced - I think maybe $1.48 lb. I didn't buy any because I have a 13 lb shoulder thawing to cook this weekend. I'd never seen this before though, so was curious and looked it up... https://richardpantry.com/what-is-pork-cushion-meat/

Anyone have have experience cooking this? Looks like it would be wonderful.

That description is confusing. Sounds like it was some type of Asian language translated into English.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      What is confusing?

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yeah, it seems like translated, but easy to understand.

Seems like a boneless picnic sans lower leg bone meat.

Comment

I've only ever used it for things like carnitas or chile colorado. It's on sale at the Mexican markets around here quite often, but is usually about 50 cents more per pound than shoulder butt. Seems like it would make decent pulled pork done low 'n slow, but might actually *need* a crutch since it seems to have less fat than shoulder.

Hmm, it is on sale at a couple of places in the 'hood, and I just got a new FoodSaver, and i've been wanting to make carnitas, and i'm down to 1/2 pound of pulled pork in the freezer, and I've got a bunch of stuff to do that's going to keep me around the house at least one day this weekend... Carnitas on the Weber and pulled pork on the PBJr. it is.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Good conditions for MMS (More Meat Syndrome)! The weather gods are with you!

Difficult to get pulled pork out of the small "cushions"
      great for Mexican foods

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here