Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing some bacon soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    Even better.

• Rfuilrez
    replied
    Bacon is a pretty easy one to get right. I don’t think I’ve had a batch yet that has come out bad. There’s a bunch of fat and you’re not cooking it to 190-200ish like pork shoulder or a brisket or anything.

Just follow the steps and it’ll be good eatin!

I’ve made "a few" batches. I’m going on 250lbs or so this summer alone. 400ish lbs last year. People at work love it and have no problem buying it from me. Click image for larger version

Name:	7F27596A-9E17-47F2-BBB4-FFBF0C656D7F.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	533711

Leave a comment:

• Xandera_7
    commented on 's reply
    Sweet lord that looks amazing! Can't wait to try this!!!!

• Xandera_7
    commented on 's reply
    I plan on using my Foodsaver

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Brother! This was a great smoke! The KBQ does some magical things to pork belly,. Frozen Smoke

• Frozen Smoke
    commented on 's reply
    That looks absolutely incredible Spinaker!

• Spinaker
    replied
    I would make sure to go LOW and SLOW. There is a lot of sugar in the recipe and you don't want it to burn. So take your time, enjoy the aroma and marvel as your bacon turns into a lovely, lightly-charred, golden piece of heaven.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1287.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	533676

Leave a comment:

• HorseDoctor
    replied
    Can't help with the recipe as I use Rhulman's recipe. I will say; do NOT skimp on the quality of your plastic bag(s) for curing. Zipoc (2 gal.) freezer bags are what you want. Keep the closure clean while filling so you geta good seal, or else it will get messy! Have fun and enjoy! Oh yea, the whole process may (will) be habit forming!!!

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Measure twice and cut once. No, that's not it.
    Lefty loosie, righty tighty. Noooo
    The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. nope
    How about, follow the directions, eat good and have FUN!

Leave a comment:

• Xandera_7
    started a topic Doing some bacon soon...

Doing some bacon soon...

Hey folks,
    I got myself some pork belly yesterday and plan on starting the cure later this week. I plan on following Meathead's recipe(s). I want to draw from your experience... Any tips or tricks you have learned along the way? Anything I need to be aware of going in?

Thanks! 😁

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here