Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Rib Bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Rib Bones

As noted in another post smoked 3 racks of ribs over the weekend (Costco cryovac). 5 1/2 hours, 230-237 degrees with SnS, KBB, apple wood. When we picked them up to eat some of the bones broke cleanly in half. I've never seen that happen. They were frozen for a couple of weeks and thawed for two days before the cook. Curious if anyone knows why the bones would break like that.

They may have already been broken.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree! Especially if they were baby backs, the curve to the bone would make them breaking during packing/transport a good possibility.

Brisket SyndicateHorseDoctor sometimes the best answer is the simplest one. I think you are correct. They were St Louis cut so relatively flat bones but in a 3-cryovac pack who knows how they were handled before I bought them. Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here