Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork, pulled pork and more pulled pork...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post! How much rub did you use on this cook?

Comment

Originally posted by Natureroad View Post
      Great post! How much rub did you use on this cook?
      Just what you see on top during the cook and then added more after it was pulled and mixed it in. Hard to say but maybe 2 to 3 cups total for the whole batch. Flavor was great! I'm pretty much sold on this method now. The pork benefits a lot more from the rub after it's been pulled then during the cook imo. Greatly reduces the overall amount used.

If you're doing one or two butts maybe no big deal but when you are doing large amounts like this it's really a factor.

Comment

• Natureroad
        Natureroad commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya. Do you still have the custom AZ BBQ rig for sale?

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes still for sale.

• Natureroad
        Natureroad commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent you a pm

Click image for larger version

Name:	409ADB20-69AE-4078-9D56-750E51E5E6E5.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	533343 Looks great! Nice set up! I feel like a rookie with only 40#! Lol!

Comment

Those look great Keiferr don't look to me like any rookie stuff going on there!!

Comment

Wow, your end product looks amazing! I'm throwing a butt on this morning so I'll have to try it with the beer!

Comment

Thats a lotta butt! Whoa!

Comment

Great post Frozen Smoke. I have my first ever large (for me) cook coming up next week. I'm going to be doing pork butts for 45. Some great tips in the above thread. Thanks!

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck and have fun!

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! EdF

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here