Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork belly burnt ends. Why did I wait so long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork belly burnt ends. Why did I wait so long.

OK, I did these for the first time. Did them a lot different than some other recipes. so here is my version.

Cut the pork belly (skinless) into 1-1.5 inch cubes. transfer to a bowl and slather with Carolina Gold BBQ sauce.
    Generously dust with Memphis Meat rub (modified your way---I have some different proportions)

Place on cooking mats or similar with a bit of space in between and cook 4-6 hours at 225. Remove and put in a foil pan just big enough to fit them. Add 1 cup honey, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 stick butter. Cover with foil and cook again for several hours.

Finally, drain the liquids and separate the fat. Mix some of the non-fat liquid with KX style BBQ sauce and coat generously but drain excess. Finish without foil covering till tacked up.

I cannot tell you how good these were. Super tender, tasty and Oh, so healthy for you.

I need to get a pork belly soon.

Comment

I just made these over the weekend for the first time. I had no idea what I was missing. I think I've had dreams about them for the last 2 nights! I will be making more of them. What a show stopper!

Comment

gonna have to send the Y for a belly.

Comment

I'm with fracmeister and why did I wait so long!?!. I did belly burnt ends a few months back for the first time and was astonished how good they were! I've made beef burnt ends from briskets and chuckies several times over the years but never pork belly.

I ordered a 5 to 6lb Kurobuta pork belly from Snake River a couple weeks ago along with a couple other things. When it arrived I pulled a 14lb monster belly out of the box!
          So i know some more belly burnt ends are in my future and some bacon and some.........

Comment

I've done this a bunch of times, the kids gobble it up faster than I can cook it.......

4.0 from 3 reviews Pork Belly Pig Candy   Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 60 mins Total time 1 hour 10 mins   In my Sat

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoke 7-17c.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	530567
            Click image for larger version

Name:	smoke 7-17j.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	530568

Comment

That's quite the spread Troutman I'd push the kids out of line and knock gramma over to get to that!

Comment

I will have to admit...this was my best ever brisket and the ribs were fantastic. But what people talked about were the PPBE.

Fortunately there a few aficionados who noticed the brisket. I brought it to the cutting board still wrapped in that peach colored butcher paper and there were some raised eyebrows. It was a prime brisket, rubbed with BBBR and injected with Kosmos blend. Very think flat (what I look for) turned out perfectly. My neighbor and old friend took a slice and said "that's not how my briskets turn out"///

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Knocking a brisket out of the park is so satisfying, especially when there are guests who really appreciate one that is done right.

• fracmeister
                  fracmeister commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It really is. Thanks for the observation. People don't recognize how proud one can be of that accomplishment.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here