Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Bellies makes Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Bellies makes Friends

So yesterday I was at my local Costco in Schertz picking up a pork belly to make bacon. As I was deciding if I want to buy a brisket for my upcoming competition in New Braunfels when this big fella comes up to me and asked me how I was going to cook the PB. I began to tell him about bacon and how it is the gateway meat. I then looked in his basket and see he has a pork belly. He begins to tell me about sous vide and smoking and pork belly. We started swapping web site and indulging in our barbeque obcession right in the middle of Costco. He had never heard of AmazingRibs.com! Before he left he had AR punch in his smart phone! Pork Bellies make Friends!
    Last edited by jecucolo; July 6, 2018, 11:26 AM.

Yes, they do. Thanks for spreading the BBQ love!

Comment

Pork bellies make for world peace!

Comment

• Fire Art
        Fire Art commented
        Editing a comment
        Or get you headed but I chose peace

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        ;-) Fire Art !

Awesome!

Comment

I had a long conversation with a nice lady at Costco one day when she saw me looking at the Traeger pellet grills and chuckling to myself over the sales pitch the guy was giving to a couple other looky-loos. She was an employee there and as I walked away shaking my head, she struck up a conversation asking me what I thought of them....

As a Traeger and Yoder owner, I was able to give her a pretty good idea, but we ended up running the gamut through my temp monitors including the Fireboard and then on to recommending Amazing Ribs for her to read up. Seems her husband is a stick-burner Nazi and she doesn't like the heavy heavy smoke flavor. So who knows, hopefully she'll up here and learn how to out-do him soon, eh?

Comment

"Gateway meat", love it !!! More like a gateway drug !! . Pork fat rules !!

Comment

🥓 = 🕊

That’s funny, when I was at Costco earlier this week I walked over to a case where an older woman had been rummaging thru for a bit. Talking to my wife, I said "Oh honey check it out they have STL cut ribs... but they’re preseasoned, bummer." The woman looked at me like I was nutso and I turned to find my wife... nowhere. So we had a good laugh at my expense. (This happens a LOT btw) Then she started asking me questions about the ribs, etc. and when she asked how I knew about this, I told her about AR. She was all excited to go home and tell her husband about it "cuz he likes to use his own rubs too". 👍🏻

Comment

There is something about the Costco Meat Counters! Seems like folks come up to me every time I'm loading up and strike up conversations. I've pointed more folks than I can count to this site.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here