Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korean Spare Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korean Spare Ribs

Hiya folks!
    I just did some amazing Korean style spare ribs!

Followed Malcolm Reed's recipe almost to the letter...
    http://howtobbqright.com/2015/07/20/...bq-spare-ribs/

I used a combo of hickory and apple wood.
    I did water down the sauce a bit... I found it too salty.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Xandera_7; July 5, 2018, 05:19 PM.

They look very tasty.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      They look huge.
      And tasty

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      They were!

Yum!

Comment

Herro (that’s a little Korean lingo there), man those things looks good. Three thumbs up!

Comment

• Xandera_7
        Xandera_7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man! They were incredible

Awesome!!!

Comment

At any of the local Asian buffets the ribs are one of my must haves (along with everything else) but for some reason I've never thought about making my own. Your post just changed that, I'm going to have to try it. My wife won't like it, she's not a fan of Asian cuisine but I'll make her a rack of her own. Maybe this weekend!

Comment

• Xandera_7
          Xandera_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Hope you enjoy them!

I've been looking to try a Korean inspired spice rub/sauce on ribs! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome recipe.

Comment

Looks good. I've done Korean-style ribs before with a gochujang glaze that were great but went a little heavy on the glaze and it got a bit thick and hard but yours dont look like they had the same issue

Been meaning to do a korean pulled pork too but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Comment

Those do look amazing, excellent job! For the salty problem, you might want to try one of the low sodium soy sauces the next time. I watched Malcolm's video and your ribs look way better than his. IMO, his were overcooked.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here