Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have pork will travel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have pork will travel...

Im smoking 2 pork butts today for a party on saturday. Today was the only day i could smike since tomorrow we are travelling out of town to get to the party.should i pull here and pack it up or leave them whole and pull them on saturday after heating them up to temp? Any thoughts?

My buddy smoked his at work and on his way to the riboff one year in the bed of his truck..... just sayin

Comment

I would think the juices would hold better leaving them whole

Comment

If you have a vacuum sealer you can pull ahead of time. And if you have an SV reheat in that. 165* for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. I just did the same a few weeks ago for a family reunion. Turned out great.
        I also added a cup of apple juice and a stick of butter after pulling. Mixed it all up than sealed in 3 bags.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          It works. No SV, I'd leave it whole and warm and pull on site, for reasons stated by other folks above.

• randy56
          randy56 commented
          Editing a comment
          We do the same as Steve B, just not that much butter. Freeze, then heat up in turkey cooker in water.. Or the biggest pan you have on the stove. don't take out of bag! until warm and ready to serve.

Ok the pork is on the grill reheating, what is a good temp to pull them off and shred?

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          145 is generally pretty good for reheats.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I like to hit 165 F to make sure the bugs are dead.

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          bugs are "people" too!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here