Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another-"first"-accomplished-pork-belly-burnt-ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "first" accomplished - Pork Belly Burnt Ends

I followed Malcomb Reed’s recipe on YouTube, only difference was I used Blues Hog rub and Blues Hog Tennessee Red sauce. Setup the 26” & SNS with some Weber briquettes and cherry wood, and it was smooth sailing. Family loved it. Very rich, definitely will be more of a Super Bowl party item. Next time I might take more care to cut slightly smaller cubes, and possibly smoke & caramelize a little more than what he calls for. But man... what amazing little morsels of goodness!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FishTalesNC; June 30, 2018, 04:56 PM. Reason: Because selecting the thumbs up icon actually displays a thumbs down icon, and this was unequivocallly not thumbs down.

They look mighty tasty.

Comment

Looks good! I felt that the recipe has too much liquid, so I have dialed it back a bit.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Yep, I would agree with that. Was looking for a bit more sticky caramelization. Good idea on the dialing back.

Nice work!!

Comment

They look great. I had the same thought about cutting smaller cubes last batch I did. Perhaps I'll have cook up another batch.

Comment

Bet those tasted awesome!!! Lots of busy work but well worth the effort I’m sure !!

Comment

The only thing missing is......me!

Comment

That looks so good. I just got hungry again.

Comment

Oh yeah! I love this recipe. Great job.

Comment

Great Job, those look right tasty, brother!

Comment

Mind. Blown. Wow! I never knew such a thing existed! Will definitely check out the tutorial on line!

Comment

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh duuuude. You have been missing out. Get yourself a Pork Belly and get too it, brother!

Yep. On it!

Comment

meant to do my my first attempt today, but forgot to thaw my pork belly. Pushed back to the weekend.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                        FishTalesNC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good luck, I’m sure you’re gonna nail it, enjoy!! 👍🏻

Bought that same belly from Costco and gonna give these a shot tomorrow. Did the belly have the skin on or not?

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                        FishTalesNC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nope, the ones from Costco do not gabulldog !

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Boo!

• gabulldog
                        gabulldog commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well that's good for burnt ends! Will have to find another with skin if I want to try that porchetta!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here