Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best ever Country Style Ribs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ever Country Style Ribs.

First off let me say there are no pictures because I didn't think anything special was gonna come out of my cook tonight.

I first picked up some fresh picked Ohio sweet corn, cucumbers and zucchini from the farmers market today. As I was driving home from the farmers market I decided I was gonna grill some boneless country style ribs to go with the fresh vegetables.

Stopped at at the grocery store and found a pack of 6 "ribs". They were about 1.5" x 1.5" x 7".

I brought them home and asked the "woman" how she wanted them and she said "plain". So I salted and peppered them, went out and filled my Weber compact chimney with KBB fired it up and came back inside and turned my attention to the vegetables.

I shucked the corn. Pealed and sliced the cucumber and mixed them up with some rice wine vinegar, salt, garden fresh chives and dill weed. Sliced the zucchini on a bias and brushed the slices with olive oil, salt and pepper.

The charcoal was ready so I dumped it into it into the Slow and Sear and then let the grate heat up.

I went back into the house and put the corn into the boiling water and turned the burner off.

I grabbed the pork and zucchini, a stick of butter and a PBR and went back out to the grill.

I put the ribs on the grill with just the salt and pepper on them and started the timer on my phone. At two minutes I flipped them over to their side. After two more minutes another side flip and then I started rubbing the grilled surfaces with the stick of butter. I continued this process until each side of the "rib" was face down twice.

I then rotated my grill grate so the pork was opposite of the coals and gave it a few minutes to heat up the cool grate. I grilled off the zucchini a couple minutes each side.

Now it was time to eat. The country style ribs had a slightly crunchy exterior and there was still a chew left to the meat. By just putting salt and pepper and butter on the meat and not using any chunks of wood while grilling and never putting on the lid they had just a slight smoke flavor which let the pork flavor shine through.

Hopefully next time I make boneless country style ribs I can recreate this and enjoy them again.

Nice writing. Sounds good!

Comment

Under-appreciated cut that I really like... good job! Pretty versatile cut too. A lot of times at my house it ends up in chili.

Comment

I love country styles. I let them dudes ride to almost ridiculousness tenderness, then sauce with cold BBQ sauce and bring back up to temp.

Comment

CSR's are often over looked myself included. good cut of meat that's cheap and versatile. Ohio sweet corn! When we had out distribution business we would get a delivery every 2 weeks from our supplier. The driver came from Ohio. He would bring me about a bushel of sweet corn about this time of year and again later in the summer.

I would give him about 5lbs of pulled pork. We had a nice barter thing going on as he loved the pulled pork and the Ohio sweet corn was some of the best I ever had. He would get it directly off the family farm.

We would steam blanch the corn cut it off the cob vac seal and freeze it. Fresh sweet corn in the middle of February around here is a special treat!

Comment

Butter and salt make a great rub, although I usually cook them low and slow like Jerod. I have not tried the hot and fast method.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here