Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing like a big belly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like a big belly!!

I placed a order from SRF earlier this week. One of the items I ordered was a 5-6lb Kurboyta pork belly. The order arrived today. Everything was in great shape as usual from SRF. On top was 2lbs of ground beef and a package of the best hot dogs in the world and a nice black grade tri tip. Then underneath the dry ice on the bottom was this monster!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork belly.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	523594

13.9lbs of boneless Kurbota pork belly!!! I'm thinking this was supposed to be cut in half but that still would have been over the 5-6lb belly as shown on the web site and what I thought I ordered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork belly 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	523595

I almost feel a little guilty like I stole something! So my head is spinning on what to do with a 13.9lb pork belly! If I thaw and cut into pieces can I vac pac and refreeze without losing much quality?

Or maybe just throw a pork belly party with a bunch of people over!

Bacon!!

Comment

Originally posted by snowswamp View Post
      Bacon!!
      Yep probably half of it. There are getting be a lot of interesting pork belly recipes out there I want to try besides bacon.

Comment

• snowswamp
        snowswamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely. It’s all gonna be great.

Door #2 & I’m behind it in the crowd.

Comment

Please, no more bacon. Wow us with some pork candy or other fun recipes !!

Comment

I think you might be right Troutman part of my purchase I forgot to list was 1.5lbs of Kurbota bacon so I already got some.. Pork belly has become trendy the last year or so with some of the more snooty restaurants serving various dishes.
          I've been researching and there are a lot of recipe variations out there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here