Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do do with Pulled Pork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do do with Pulled Pork?

I plan on smoking a 10 lb. pork butt tomorrow. All I do is season it with salt and pepper and then I'll wrap it with a bit of apple juice or apple cider.

There is just me and the Mrs.

Tomorrow night I'll serve it freshly pulled with a bit of the pan juice poured over the top.

We will have BBQ pulled pork sliders during the week and pulled pork tacos also.

What are some other things I can do with the pulled pork

You're doing pretty much would we (me and Mrs) would do with it. I used to bring the leftovers to work for the guys to have as a feast, but upper management stopped that (long story). So now, whatever is left over I freeze, and 3 months leter it becomes the what-is-this surprise dinner!

Comment

Put some in Mac and cheese, pulled pork tacos or quesadillas are great, put some on top of a cheese pizza, or mix it is jambalaya or gumbo. Put some in a pita with veggies or a little in deviled eggs. I like to freez left overs in portion sizes in vacuum bags, and make it the center piece of my next meal.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Boom!

I love to sear pulled pork on a cast iron griddle and throw it in a corn tortilla. Some Mexican rice, guac, queso blanco and some chili. I almost like that better than a pulled pork sandwich.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Says the scandanavian

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Sister in law is 50/50 Spanish/Mexican......it may or may not be rubbing off! HouseHomey

• ColonialDawg
        ColonialDawg commented
        Editing a comment
        My man.

It's great in a baked bean dish. I use it in Bourbon BBQ Baked Beans

Comment

Omelette filling.

Comment

It makes a great topping for a baked potato. Pile it on nice and thick.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        The hits just keep on coming!

Hash instead of corned beef. Red neck spaghetti. On top of a burger.

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        Redneck Spaghetti?

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, talk about redneck spaghetti.

• Keiferr
        Keiferr commented
        Editing a comment
        Redneck spaghetti is when I put leftover pulled pork on spaghetti/pasta with bbq sauce.

On a burger. Some red onion, cheddar cheese, pickles and bbq sauce.
      Have extra napkins on hand. 😋

Comment

• binarypaladin
        binarypaladin commented
        Editing a comment
        Second this one. There's something magical about burgers with a secondary meat source.

Pulled pork and slaw egg rolls

Comment

enchiladas...

Comment

• Koy Schoppe
          Koy Schoppe commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! After making pulled pork, I almost always follow up with a night of homemade enchiladas. Super easy to make your own flat enchiladas with Masa flour. Kids even like to get involved and use cookie cutters to make shapes with their tortillas. simple store bought enchilada sauce, cheese and pork makes for a great meal!

In addition to alla th above, most excellent suggestions, I often find my dang self makin sammiches outta pulled pork, fer an expeditious, nutritious, delicious, an convenient meal option!

Here's a couple that I've done posted, previous, like:

I love my BBQ leftovers. Do all sorts of things with them, from breakfast to midnight snacks to another dinner. Figured I'd start a thread for folks to post a

I love my BBQ leftovers. Do all sorts of things with them, from breakfast to midnight snacks to another dinner. Figured I'd start a thread for folks to post a

If it helps ya any, don't rightly reckon I've ever found me any dang thing that some pulled pork didn't make better!
        Kinda like bacon, in that respect!

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Very interesting stuff!

One reason I quit cooking pork butts, just never know what to do with it all. We prefer now to cut it into pork steaks and cook them that way. I know I’m in the minority on this but just got tired of pulled pork.

Comment

• Fire Art
          Fire Art commented
          Editing a comment
          Luv pork steaks better then candy

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          There are so many ways to use pulled pork, but... after an experience where I smoked 84 butts for the high school cheerleaders one time, I didn't smoke a single butt even for myself for 3-4 years at least! I just didn't want to SEE another butt after that.

• binarypaladin
          binarypaladin commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the nicest things about adding sous-vide to the mix is that I can do pulled pork in much smaller increments these days. If I'm only cooking for my family, I can do like... 3 lbs at a times which is good for dinner and a couple lunches as opposed to like... 2 weeks of pork, lol.

All great suggestions above. Plus you can always share it with other. Great way to make new friends/fans!!!

Comment

Pizza
        Mac and Cheese
        Grilled cheese

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here