Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon wrapped pork sirloin roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon wrapped pork sirloin roast

i picked this up at the grocery store today. Need some good tips on recipes and cooking techniques please. Click image for larger version

Name:	C10C2DC9-9F64-4841-B1E2-76243E8217D8.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	514283
    Attached Files

That's all sliced up, right? If so, hot and fast with a nice rub or marinade, preferably on a cast iron pan on your grill.

Comment

No, it’s not sliced. It’s a 3 lb sirloin roast.

Comment

3 ways.
        1 roll cut, season with Cajun seasoning, add boudan, crawfish, and fire jack cheese, roll back up and re wrap with bacon.
        2 roll cut, season with Greek seasoning (cavendars is great). sauté some garlic slices in a bit of bacon grease, ad some spinach to wilt. then stuff the pork with that mixture and add feta. Roll up and re wrap with bacon
        3 roll cut. rub with chili powder (i use a mixture of ancho, guajillo, and chipotle) cumin black pepper, and kosher salt. stuff with cream cheese mixed with jack cheese, jalepenos, and a touch of mayo. roll back up and wrap in bacon
        whichever way you choose, smoke at 225 over hickory wood until 15 degrees below desired temp, then hit her on a hot grill or under broiler to crisp bacon and bring to final temp. Slice and enjoy.

Comment

Well, I don’t think it’s sliced up. I guess I could be wrong. I haven’t seen what’s behind the bacon. Haha.

Comment

I would just spritz with water, add your favorite rub, and put in the smoker.

Comment

What temp do I cook it to? If I’m going to cook it, then slice it, do I cook it to 200+??

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I would cook it too 200 F, or somewhere in there. That bacon is going to cause it to stall pretty hard at 165 F so you may need to bump up your heat into the 300's to help push it through.

My vote is No! Even wrapped in bacon sirloin roast will be way dry by 200 degrees. Smoke/cook to 140-150 ballpark & slice it up! Enjoy!!!

Comment

I unwrapped the bacon, then rubbed it with rib rub (homemade amazing recipe), rewrapped it with bacon, rubbed with Meatheads Memphis Dust, then put it on the smoker.

Smoked at 225 degrees until the meat was 150 degrees. Then sliced it and served. It was amazing! We will cook this again!!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	E60538B0-3E36-42FA-80FA-2EDD90F5FF49.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	516375Click image for larger version

Name:	644EBC5E-A2E7-4BCE-AA8F-B19B8C99872D.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	516376Click image for larger version

Name:	D0C2E3D1-F48C-4239-BE40-2D8C717F2AAB.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	516377Click image for larger version

Name:	D19D46C0-478D-4546-BB3E-A551A6C2519C.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	516378

Comment

• HorseDoctor
                  HorseDoctor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks great! Ya done well!!!

Awesome cook. GBR!

Comment

Wow. That looks great. And, $3.79/lb for something that has been prepped by the grocer is a damn good price!

Comment

Good looking cook! I did a bacon wrapped pork loin to 145, and it was great, but did it sous vide with an oven sear. I’ll have to try one of these in the Weber.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here