Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhat Different Pulled Pork Technique For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhat Different Pulled Pork Technique For Me

This started out as my standard pulled pork, 12 hour dry brine, rub while smoker coming up to temp. One difference was that I used a peppery rub more suited for beef instead of my usual savory rub for pork.

I boated as usual at about 165F IT with a quarter stick of butter, some molasses, and a bit of worcestershire sauce.

Here was another difference for me: I took the foil cover off the boat at about 190F, dusted heavily with cinnamon sugar, then took it up to final temp, uncovered, to let the bark firm up and the sugar caramelize. I used the drippings from the boat for my sauce, of course.

I also did something different on the sauce. I started with about equal parts of drippings and apple cider vinegar, with a bit of molasses, hot sauce, and worcestershire sauce as usual. But then I added grenadine syrup instead of pineapple juice, and thickened with a cornstarch slurry.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180603_192545.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.63 MB ID:	510793Click image for larger version  Name:	20180603_193838.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	510794Click image for larger version  Name:	20180603_194453.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.75 MB ID:	510795Click image for larger version  Name:	20180603_195318.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	510796

I think I like this method.
    Last edited by boftx; June 3, 2018, 09:52 PM.

That looks an sounds tasty!

Comment

I might have to try that next. Looks good!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I dunno Randy, pilled pork is pretty hard to beat

Sounds great.

Comment

that's a lot of variables to change! i'm glad it worked out. it looks awesome

Comment

Well ... that sounds great ... and looks awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Oh, the variety of ways to do Pulled Pork -all good!

Comment

Did the cinnamon flavor come through?

Comment

• boftx
                boftx commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah!

Lots of great flavors going on there. Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here