Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Baby Back Trifecta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Fantastic that your DRE enjoys helping. That'll be a lifetime gift she'll always thank you for.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    That’s a darn cute dry rub expert! I like the side by side tasting, sounds great.

Leave a comment:

• FishTalesNC
    started a topic Memorial Day Baby Back Trifecta

Memorial Day Baby Back Trifecta

My dry rub expert got to work on these 3 baby back racks at 8:30am. In the pics the single cookie sheet was kosher salt & MMD, on the other sheet the bottom one was Blues Hog and the top was Weber. Had them on the 26” kettle with a water filled SNS with Weber briquettes and cherry wood chunks, and was up to temp by 10:15am. It rained off and on all day, but the SNS performed admirably and the kettle temp was consistent between 225-240F with just a couple vent adjustments. At 1pm I swapped the front and back racks. At 3:15 hit them with a little BBQ sauce (mix of things in the fridge) and then back on for 45 min. Took them off, sauced once more, wrapped and held in the oven until 5pm. Delicious!

Verdict: No surprise, the MMD ribs were the favorite. The brown sugar shines thru and gives more of that sticky caramelization goodness. Big surprise (to me), the Weber was a VERY close 2nd, and the BH a distant third.
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here