Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Memorial Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Memorial Day.

It's not everyday I set my alarm at 5AM. Today is one of those days. I fired up the Masterbilt electric smoker and dropped in a 8lb shoulder. Dry brined overnight and then liberally coated with MMD. Later I will fire up the Slow N Sear in my kettle and throw on 2 racks of SLC ribs. They, also have been dry brining overnight then I'll wash them down with some jalepeno ketchup and MMD. It's going to be a great day. Why the E-cooker for the butt? I am going back to sleep for a while and didn't want to tend a fire on my patio. I know how great the SNS is, I'm just paranoid of a real flame out there if I go to sleep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180528_050447.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	506617Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180528_050938.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	506618

Always better safe than sorry, but you'd most likely be just fine running the SnS, especially if you have a grill mat under you kettle. Have a great cook!

Comment

Sounds like a good time coming for sure. I bought several boxes of wood grained ceramic floor tile to put under my kettle that is on the deck. I don't worry about overnight cooks. The tile is similar to this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glenwood...D1P2/303518055
      Last edited by RonB; May 28, 2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Well, I have a concrete slab patio, so I am just a sissy. But my wife's house burned down on Christmas eve when she was 8 so she is a little sensitive to fire. I also have a paver stone extension that's a basketball court (Not a whole court..maybe the size of the lane) but I figured the butt could go on the e smoker and ribs could go in kettle. I would have to cut them in half to fit the e smoker anyway and I couldn't get everything on the kettle at once. I probably could get all in the E smoker, but then the wife would ask why did I buy the kettle and SNS??? It's all going to be so good anyway! About 7 hours from now! I just put a pan of baked beans under the butt to catch some of the goodness it is offering up. I also spritzed a little bit of apple juice on the butt. Never tried that before.

Comment

Hey droopie69, are you sure you're not Guy Fieri in disguise? Happy Memorial day to you as well.

Comment

The rib course is on. I wish I had a time machine that could jump in 4 hr increments. The wait is killing me. The smoke is good enough to eat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180528_132432.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	506956Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180528_124523.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	506957Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180528_125410.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	506958Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180528_125651.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	506959

Comment

Looking good! Don't forget to post pics of the finish product.

Comment

• droopie69
                droopie69 commented
                Editing a comment
                If I am not too busy pushing people out of the way to eat it!!!

If that is a Boston Butt I know it is a happy Memorial Day.

Comment

• droopie69
                droopie69 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a HAPPY DAY! It's up to 195 internal. I can feel it melting into porky goodness!

What a feast! No pics of the pulled pork. But it was excellent. The ribs, however, they were the star of the show. I wasn't happy the last 2 times I did ribs. Not sure why, but not my best work. Today is a different story.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180528_181922.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	507415Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180528_132432.jpg Views:	3 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	507416

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here