Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good rib rub to marry with special sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good rib rub to marry with special sauce

Finally, the weather has cleared and I'll get the chance to use the PBC tomorrow. I'm excited to get the chance to try making ribs again, this time using St. Louis instead of baby backs. I'm getting the opportunity, however, under one condition. The misses insists I have to use the sauce pictured below to finish the ribs. I've tried it, and it's quite good, but I'm not sure about the best rub to use. I want something that will work with the sauce, but won't outshine it. I like Memphis Dust, but wonder if it might be too much. I also wonder if salt and pepper is too simple. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Are you doing 1 rack only? If no, do a coupl different- one MMD one S&P. If yes, do half & half. If that doesn't interest you, I'm thinking the sauce will outshine the rub, so my gut says go S&P.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree, and then you'll know whether that sauce is worth using again!

I agree with the above. 👆 Or you can just go for it!

Comment

Shoot, I ain't never tried that sauce, to give ya a good recommend...sorry, amigo
      Pork Rib Rubs I use regularly, with continued satisfation, besides MMD, and Huskee 's, would be Three Little Pigs KC All Purpose, Blues Hog, an Arthur Bryant's, in that order of frequence...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5139.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	506551

Comment

Thanks guys! With only one rack, think I'm gonna go S&P and maybe some paprika. I'll post pics as I go today.

Comment

Rack went on five minutes ago. PBC running at 225.
          Attached Files

Comment

Took them off just over three hours (no peeking) to sauce and back on 30-45 minutes. High temp for PBC so far 318.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Here's the finished rack. Tender and juicy, but not fall off the bone. Good smoke ring too. And the sauce caramelized nicely, great spicy garlic flavor.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great job! I need to get more spice into my stuff.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here