Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A minor (I hope) Smoking Dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A minor (I hope) Smoking Dilemma...

So, I'm doing Pulled Pork for Memorial Day, and I had a 4.5 lb Blade Roast and a 2.5 butt in the freezer, and decided to do both - together. There's gotta be a difference in the cook time for a bone-in roast than for the boneless, both done at 225-250. Any thoughts when cooking them together? I'm thinking the bone-in goes on first...butt not sure.

I would also think the bone-in would go in first, but not by much. The more important factor is probably the thickness of the meat itself. I'm guessing they are pretty similar in that regard. Even if one finishes earlier than the other you can always hold them in a faux cambro. Pork forgiving enough that it won't matter if it is an extra hour or two for that, just that more tender.

Comment

The thickness of the meat determines cook time. If they are similar thickness they should finish about the same time. Use thickness for your guesstimate as to when to put them on.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Right! Thickness is far more important than bone.

I'd say put them in together. The faux cambro is a great equalizer. Even if it is a hour earlier on one you can have them the FC for 4 hours.

Comment

Everybody makes sense! thanks mucho!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here