Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont Pig Candy Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vermont Pig Candy Help

I am new to these forums and I feel I am in the right place to get some tips. I want to try the Vermont Pig Candy ribs but I need some clarification on how to do them. Do I put the glaze on the ribs after the crutch, for an hour or do I put the glaze on after the hour they have been in the smoker once the crutch is finished? If it's the latter do they go right to the grill or do they stay on the smoker? Any and all tips would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to The Pit Bechetti! It sounds like you're quite well read regarding the AmazingRibs site. When you get a chance, please take a moment to read my "Welcome and Guidelines from the Pit Boss" and "Forum Tips and Techniques" threads located here. You'll especially like Tip #1 which describes how to fill out your signature. Again, Welcome and we look forward to seeing you around!

You should also introduce yourself in the "introduce yourself" channel.

In regards to your question above, which is related to this recipe, the glaze goes on as a finishing sauce. You put it on after the ribs have passed the bend test and it's time to sauce (in this case glaze) them over high heat.

Comment

• bechetti19
      bechetti19 commented
      Editing a comment
      awesome thank you! I have been coming to this site for tips for quite awhile now and i figured it was time to join the club. I will certainly read up on everything you suggested.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here