Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cherry Bombed a Porchetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damm..... I am impressed it is on my to do list. Maybe one for the AR team to add to the site ?? Thanks for taking the time to photograph and document it so well for all of us.

Comment

Oh my. That was solid. Wow!

Comment

It's funny that you compared the porchetta to Lechon, because I have been wanting to do a porchetta (in the downsized approach you took) but treated and flavored like lechon. Actually went to the butcher to get a belly to do it, but the butcher apologized, saying the delivery was screwed up and all their bellies had no skin. So, it will have to wait until next time... Great looking cook!

Comment

Very impressive!

Comment

Unbelievable! Into the recipe area for that!

Comment

Troutman, THAT is one epic cook! I’ll be trying this soon for sure!

Comment

And I have one more thing to add, masterful!

Comment

Excellent pics and right up
                  One righteous presentation
                  porketta is a holy grail for me
                  slice of heaven

Comment

Fantastic! Love the step-by-step procedure. At my butcher shop, we do porchettas often for our guests! Speaking of which, we actually made a sausage with the flavor profile of porchetta. Can’t wait to try it!

Comment

Troutman, been a few years since you posted this, any update or something you would do differently. If this was just a belly with no tenderloin in the center, I’m guessing the finish temp should be higher than 145°?

Comment

• rickgregory
                        rickgregory commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bacon is 150 or so, so I'd take this one a BIT higher but not a ton higher.

I've looked at cooks like this and I'd also use the tenderloin. I know there are a lot of folks who love pure belly porchetta, but to me it's too fatty, though that depends on the belly's fat/meat ratio of course. I like the contrast of belly to lean meat you get in the traditional prep.

And I have 2 bellies in the freezer. Hmm.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here