Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White bbq sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White bbq sauce

has anyone tried the white bbq sauce on pork/ribs? I’ve used it on chicken, got the recipe from project smoke, anyone watch that?

Nono have not tried that and no I have not watched that.

Only ever used the white sauce on chicken and saltine crackers.

Comment

I’m thinking of giving it a shot this weekend, not really sure how I can thicken it up without making it gross though, Steve raichlin does the show it’s pretty good

Comment

Haven't tried it on pork ( Meathead says it doesn't work well on pork but Raichlen says it does ). I grew up in North Alabama where white BBQ sauce got its start and I use a slightly modified version of Meathead's recipe ( https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...q-sauce-recipe ) in which I use half as much pepper and add a TBSP of sugar to counter the acidity. Based on what I remember from childhood, it tastes just like the stuff I grew up on. I'd say give it a try and like Meathead says, if you don't like it on meat, it's good in cole slaw.

Comment

It goes well with pulled pork. I am not sure it will work on ribs since it is not high in sugar but higher in fat.

Comment

Maybe whack off 1/4 rack and try the white on it.

Comment

That’s kinda what I was thinking, do everything normal maybe even a thin layer of normal to finish on the smoker, then dunk it right in there

Comment

I record Project Smoke off the local PBS and watch it from the Tivo on occasion but have not seen the one on white BBQ. Then again, I live about 30 miles from Big Bob Gibson's - supposedly the original source of that BBQ sauce style...

I've not made a white sauce, but buy the bottles of Big Bob's in the grocery store. Wife and some others like it, others in the family hate it. I think you have to like mayo to like that style sauce.

Comment

Another recipe for white sauce is on YouTube channel "How to BBQ Right"

Comment

I don’t love it but it seems everyone else does ha ha ha

Comment

I like it on chicken and in cole slaw, but my 17 year old son uses it on anything (pork, ribs etc)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here