Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice

So here’s the deal, Oklahoma joes offset all sealed up baffled, I use sugar maple lump charcoal, apple wood chunks not soaked, I use two Weber chimneys get both goin, heat smoker, get wood going, put meat in, when the blue smoke comes, with the lump coal it doesn’t burn very long so I add coals every 45-1hr, pre heated wood chunks every half hour or so for three hours leaving lid on firebox open till they are well burnt. Bone side down cook for 6-6.5 hours depending on weather, now for the ribs, did this a Lil backwards, butcher cut st Louis style, prep the night before 50-50 three pigs cherry rub, and Lambert’s, leave in the fridge over night, any suggestions?

Sounds like you have an established program. Is there a problem you need help with or is that just a a plan???

Comment

Beer. You forgot the beer ...

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        A man after my own heart.

Ha ha, 30 pack of pbr, that’s the plan, just looking for any tips/idea that could help, I am not losing to my brother in law again, plus you win a gun, but I care more about beating him

Comment

Hey, reading through that, I thought you were giving US advice. Sounds like a solid plan to me!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

What do you all think of this, I live in New York, so needless to say syrup is quite popular, what if I wrap my ribs at three hours pull em at two, mix that yummy w a Lil New York pure grade A syrup, maybe brown sugar then use that as kind of a glaze?

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                EdF I’m going to add the syrup in next time I cook a chuckie. I have been smoking them for 4-5 hours then laying them on a big bed of peppers and onions with a can of beef consommé soup then tenting for a couple mor hours. That syrup trick sounds great!!
                Oh the bacon couldn’t hurt either...Ha

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                The bacon definitely doesn't hurt! Be sure report your results!

• Sephon
                Sephon commented
                Editing a comment
                I use maple syrup in my bbq sauce at the very end. 40-40-20 mix of my home made sauce, my home made syrup, and apple juice. Gives it a real nice glaze

Want to beat your brother in law....

1. Use Meathead Memphis Dust
              2. Use Blues Hog Smokey Mountain or Original
              3. Nail the tenderness.

Comment

What is this meathead Memphis dust? I was gonna go with jonesys this year but judging by ur profile pic may have to change that!

Comment

• Nate
                  Nate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Meathead’s Memphis Dust recipe is on the free portion of the AR site and also in his book.

• Sweaty Paul
                  Sweaty Paul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s in the pork section

Alrighty fellas big riboff is Sunday, all I think about, gonna whip up a batch of mmd Friday and I think I’m going to glaze at least one rack w the syrup plan, now I can’t decide between apple juice in my water pan or pineapple, have used both never really noticed a difference, does the mmd have any spice to it?

Comment

• Sephon
                  Sephon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My recommendation is to just use water. None of the apple juice or pineapple juice is going to vaporize into the air, just the water. Save the cash. If you want those flavors, spritz the ribs while they cook.

There is also a recipe for maple pork rib candy.

Impress guests at your next BBQ and grilling cookout for this sweet and savory rib recipe starring a glaze of real maple syrup. The result is extremely tender, juicy, meat with a beautiful mirror like sheen from the glaze. We'd be shocked if these aren't the best ribs you've ever tasted.

Comment

Go all in Mud!

Comment

Sounds like it's great so far, but ya did ask fer some advice:

Wood. Git some wood. Feed it wood.

Since yer cookoff is in a few days, I reckon try yer hand at what yer plannin...

Goin forward, yall got trees thereabouts, right?

Jus tryin to help.

Best of luck in yer Riboff!, amigo!

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here