Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs Boneless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with smoking these? I have a Primo XL
    How do you recommend smoking (time and temp)?
    I used to just grill these on my gasser, over medium until 140-150 degres.

As always,
    Thanks!

I've slow-baked them dozens of times in a Dutch oven, but I haven't tried smoking them yet. I can't imagine at say 275, they would take more than 75 minutes to smoke to 140 to 150.

Comment

I believe Malcolm Reed has a YouTube video on smoking country style ribs. Looks good, but I have not tried his recipe yet.

Comment

depends on if you want them to have a chop style chew, or if you want them to be super tender

Comment

Nope, never smoked. But I love this method from BBQ Pit Boys.

Comment

I always smoke them, then add BBQ sauce right at the end and crank up the heat. I take to about 200 internal. And they STALL.

Comment

I smoke these all the time. You can almost treat them as small hunks of pork butt depending on how close to the shoulder they come from. Put them in the smoke until you see the fat just start to render (at about 155F - 160F) and then boat them in whatever you would typically use for a rib wrap liquid (i.e. butter, molasses, maybe some vinegar or pineapple juice) and then basically braise til tender like butter.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree typically they are nothing but slices of pork shoulder. They need low and slow, I tried grilling them a long time ago and nearly had to have dental work done after I finished the chew.

• Dr ROK
                Dr ROK commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman nailed it on the head.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here