Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooked for circus du soleil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooked for circus du soleil

I sold cirque du soleil (show name amaluna) a smoker and parrilla a couple of weeks ago. They also comped my family and I tickets to their show which was excellent. I had to get the parrilla built in a week but made it happen as they were moving to the next city. Then the head of the kitchen offered to fly up to Cordoba Argentina and give them some classes. Showed them meatheads memphis ribs, brisket, pulled pork, pork belly burnt ends, smoked flank, and grilled some pork flank on the parrilla. They are very happy and lots of great comments from the staff and pedformers about the food. Was a great break for me also.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180505_141759_444.jpg Views:	1 Size:	158.7 KB ID:	496871Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180505_141759_443.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.6 KB ID:	496872Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20180505-WA0023.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	941.3 KB ID:	496873Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20180505-WA0020.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	496874Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20180506-WA0015.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	496875Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20180506-WA0009.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	496876Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20180505-WA0025.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	496877
    Last edited by Ahumadora; May 8, 2018, 07:57 PM.

Congrats. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

Very nice presentation!

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't take credit for that. That part was Pim Valkem the head chef.

Great Job, an Presentation!
      Glad ya had a good time, amigo!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180504-WA0009.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	496894Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180505-WA0007.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	496893
        Attached Files

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          We also done smoked salmon loosely based on Meatheads Schmancy Salmon. Cooked it to 115f internal and was incredible. I told the chef not to change a thing on the recipe. the pic above is the smoked flank (vacio) which was marinated in a ginger based marinade. Was excellent also.

Great looking food. Cordoba is a nice city. I remember having a great meal at El Papagayo there, but I think yours might just have topped them.

Comment

Wow! Awesome Everything!

Comment

Beautiful cooks

Comment

As Nate said. Nice plating, fitting for the occasion I'm sure. Often times simplicity is difficult and effective.

Making me hungry!!

Comment

That is awesome Cirque comes through the Seattle area soon hope to catch the show!

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will be a different show. They have 6 big top tents traveling the world. This is the latin american show traveling for 2 years.

Wow!! Great cook!!!

Comment

That's a fantastic looking spread! Did it take more or less food to feed these performers? I can't imagine they ever eat a whole lot at one time.

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nope they didn't eat as much meat as I thought. 150 people each meal we cooked for, but there were a lot of sides to accompany it. Over 100 were background staff.

That is an amazing spread .... very well done and impressive to say the least .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	clapping hands.gif
Views:	75
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	496987

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here